The Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of job-site management including staffing, scheduling, and business partner/subcontractor relations. As site leader, Superintendent effectively oversees project from award through completion. This position will focus on managing projects within a Government environment. The successful candidate will have extensive industry experience that demonstrates excellent understanding of the unique needs and requirements of Government construction contracting.
- Professionally represent B & M Construction, Inc. and effectively supports Company strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of construction and exceptional jobsite management skills; Delivers on key projects and commitments via professional knowledge and leadership abilities.
- Fosters positive long-term relationships with subcontractors and business partners
- Possesses detailed process & application knowledge relating to building codes, budget managements, construction practices, project scheduling, etc.
- Ensures on-time delivery while maintaining team focus on safety, quality, and budget
- Fully understands and effectively utilizes drawings, specifications, subcontract agreements, and purchase orders
- Assists Project Manager with material delivery schedules and effectively manages change management process
- Assumes primary responsibility for leading, implementing, and enforcing jobsite safety requirements and Quality Control Program
- Leads and/or assists with job set-up, communications, safety compliance, record-keeping, quality control, and closeout as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred (HS diploma required)
- At least ten (10) years practical leadership experience in construction; Strong background in mid-size construction projects ($1.5 million plus) with proven ability to manage renovation projects of < $500K strongly preferred
- Verifiable work history/references demonstrating exceptional contributions, skills, and integrity
- Has current 30-hour or 10 hour OSHA certification
Strong technology skills: Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, Maxwell, and various systems
Strong leadership, conflict management, and communication skills (verbal and written); Able to build rapport and negotiate skillfully
Strong organizational and planning skills; Able to effectively allocate and develop resources
Results-focused; Able to effectively delegate and follow-up
Professional, dependable, and ethical