Looking for a senior-level attorney and executive to lead the company’s Legal function as well as oversee all aspects of Environmental, Health & Safety, Product Stewardship, and Government Relations matters. The position reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and serves as a legal advisor to senior executives on legal issues related to contract law, tort law, patent law, employment law, real estate law, corporate governance, legal research, consumer protection and compliance.
This position also directs a team of corporate and plant EH&S professionals throughout North American, is responsible for being an advocate for the company on regulatory issues, and proactively develops government relationships with primarily state and local agencies. Leading a team of professionals and subject matter experts, the specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with new environmental regulations, such as Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), Global Harmonization, Paint Return Programs in the US and CAN
- Manage the sustainability activities, set goals and conduct community outreach programs
- Develop comprehensive EH&S systems and compliance programs that encompass all operations including manufacturing, product development and distribution.
- Develop a comprehensive chemical management program and process for all operations
- Prepare and manage the department and associated EH&S expenses and capital expenditures
Health and Safety
- Ensure VOC compliance in coordination with the product stewardship group
- Develop/manage environmental stewardship teams to reduce waste, emissions, water, and energy consumption
- Direct all activities regarding owned or formerly owned environmental remediation sites and superfund sites. Manage the environmental spend.
- Lead environmental compliance programs Air, Water, Waste and Management systems
- Manage environmental hazmat transportation and DOT programs and compliance
- Drive a Culture of Safety throughout the organization to reduce injuries and incidents
- Lead OSHA programs and compliance
- Lead facility Process Safety Management
- Oversee product compliance and stewardship initiatives and systems governed by laws such as TSCA, NSNR, VOC, CPS, FIFRA
- Lead managers responsible for assessing product risks and communicating those risks through MSDS, TDS and labels
- Oversee Product Stewardship initiatives and compliance
- Patent development
- Interact with internal and external groups, agencies and trade associations.
- Develop relationships with primarily state and local government agencies and lobbying efforts to advocate a more rational approach to regulations. Proactively identify regulations that currently impact and will impact the business in the future
- Develop methods for influencing key constituencies such as PAC and association memberships
- JD degree required; BS in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Science preferred
- Experience in a well-regarded law firm as well as large corporate experience
- 15+ years of environmental and regulatory experience
- 10+ years of experience in the Chemical Industry / Heavy Industrial
- Progressive government relations experience with proven change
- Certifications such as CSP, CIH or CHMM preferred
- Experience in developing a corporate wide culture of safety
- In depth knowledge of Product Stewardship and related regulations (i.e. TSCA, VOC)
- In depth knowledge of OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations
- Strong technical writing and computer literacy is required
- Knowledge of Sustainability and energy savings a plus
- Strong leadership and change management skills; Knowledge of paint or chemical manufacturing is desirable
- Experience in governmental relations, lobbing efforts and environmental remediation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com . Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Benjamin Moore - 22 months ago
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...