The Federal Contract Director provides leadership and guidance to the contracts function within the National Security Sector and compliance guidance for federal work across the corporation. The Federal Contract Director is responsible for ensuring compliance with DCMA Business Systems, relationships with customers, partners, competitors and our oversight agencies and performance improvements through initiative setting and communication of sound business judgement, enabling and injecting fact based business decisions and driving accountability, directing improvement in working capital and profit margins and injecting and reinforcing strategic thinking throughout the organization.
The Federal Contract Director is accountable for the effective, efficient and compliant execution of all contract and proposal activities in accordance with the federal government regulations, public law, Uniform Commercial Code and high ethical standards. In addition, the Federal Contract Director is accountable for the development of the contract staff and the strategic and compliant inputs to the proposal process.
- Provides primary Interface with DCMA and DCAA for Contracts Compliance
- Maintains and updates all functional policies, procedures and processes for Federal contracts
- Monitors compliance with overarching contractual requirements
- Leads contracts organization
- Participates as strategic advisor to Sector Sector Chief Administrative and Operations Officer
Desired education, certifications, skills, experience:
- Participates in solving the most complex problems confronting the function
- Ensures contracts staff have appropriate leadership and development opportunities
- Drive process improvements within functions and Sector
- Assuring appropriate staffing and capabilities throughout the function
- Participates in acquisition
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field, additional years of experience required in lieu of degree. Graduate degree preferred.
- 20+ Years of experience working within the defense industry contracts domain required, 10+ years supervisory experience required.
- Strong customer and industry network preferred.
Windward IT Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
Windward IT Solutions - 16 months ago