Reporting to the CEO and President to oversee the legal affairs of the company, you will provide legal advice on a wide range of strategic, tactical and operational issues and partner with corporate leaders to manage corporate risk and determine best approaches and solutions. You will be responsible for managing the legal and compliance department, including business, litigation, employment, regulatory matters, intellectual property, and compliance. You will also have responsibility for managing outside counsel as needed.
Required Job Related Skills and Experience
- U.S. credentialed law degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Savvy risk management experience with complex regulatory and compliance matters
- Strong analytical and communication skills to distill advice from subject matter experts and frame issues succinctly and clearly, allowing management to make informed decisions
- A minimum of 8 years of legal experience combining in-house legal and private law setting, preferably dealing with matters relating to the financial service industry or other highly regulated industries
- Outstanding corporate practice skills including contract review, contract preparation, corporate transactional support and intellectual property management.
- Experience advising executive management
- Member of the California Bar
- In-house corporate experience within the Financial Services industry preferable
- Experience working with regulators at both a state and federal level
- Experience analyzing and drafting new rules and regulations in an ever changing industry
- Experience advising on complex sophisticated new business proposals and products, business counseling, and reviewing and drafting agreements with vendors and customers
- Energetic, hardworking, and diligent
- Excellent judgment/common sense, integrity and ethics
- Strong consultative, communication and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen, and the ability to understand key business drivers
- Proven ability to negotiate complex transactions and to persuade (in a diplomatic and respectful manner) others to take action
- Ability to handle a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Extremely responsive, with the ability to effectively consider all perspectives
- Merger and acquisition experience a plus
Clear Capital is a Real Estate Valuation Data and Analytics Company, working hard to make people's lives better, everyday. With technology at our core, we've assembled a staff of bright people who thrive in an environment where ingenuity and innovation take center stage to create and develop the best tools in the industry. We are obsessed with setting standards for customer service and quality, and have an exceptional leadership team dedicated to making Clear Capital the best at everything we do.
Our sophisticated, analytics-based Home Data Index Market Report is consistently reported on by numerous national news outlets like Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox Business, Forbes, Market Watch, New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Reuters, to name a few.
Our company headquarters are located near scenic North Lake Tahoe in the beautiful mountain town of Truckee CA. We are able to attract and hire very intelligent, passionate and friendly professionals that have decided to pursue a quality of life that includes world-class skiing/riding, beautiful alpine lakes, and 300+ days of sunshine, no traffic, with clean air and a sense of community you find in a small town. Truckee is consistently rated one of the top ski/mountain towns in the world by magazines like National Geographic Adventure, Men's Journal and Outside Magazine. Our campus is surrounded by stunning natural beauty including pine trees, ski slopes, alpine lakes, snow capped peaks, mountain trails and wildlife.
At Clear Capital, we have an underlying philosophy that guides our efforts: Go wherever it leads, and do whatever it takes to help clients find their optimal solution. This philosophy guides how we create and deliver products, and how we interact with our clients, vendors and each other. We offer an exciting fast-paced work environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
Salary is commensurate with experience