DataQuick is seeking a General Counsel to oversee all aspects of the legal and compliance affairs for the company. Preferred location for this position is Wilmington, DE, but we will also consider a San Diego, CA location.
DataQuick has a national offering of integrated settlement services, including appraisal, valuation, title, settlement, credit, flood solutions. DataQuick also offers value-added data, analytics and decisioning solutions. Our customers include some of the largest lenders in the U.S., and we have an ambitious agenda to expand those relationships.
At the same time, companies like DataQuick face a complex and evolving regulatory landscape. Senior management recognizes that achievement of DataQuick’s strategic goals hinges on having an appropriate foundation of compliance and risk management. DataQuick must build and maintain a compliance system to serve major banks. Business success is dependent upon the General Counsel successfully managing all audit requests from regulators and customers, and maintaining strong audit practices for internal activities and third party vendors.
The General Counsel will provide advice on a wide range of strategic and operational issues and partner with corporate leaders to manage risk and develop solutions. The position will report to the President and CEO and will be responsible for managing the legal, compliance and contracts departments.
The position will have the immediate action item of recruiting a direct report/deputy. The General Counsel will also manage outside counsel as necessary.
The General Counsel will have oversight of the following:
Required Job Related Skills and Experience
- Compliance activities
- Ongoing support of enterprise-wide compliance function, including policy development, employee training and internal audit
- Close coordination with vendor management function
- Staying current on a wide range of regulations and laws, from state appraisal management company statutes to emerging privacy legislation relevant to the data industry
- Representing DataQuick before regulatory bodies and with industry advocacy groups
- Ensuring compliance with customer contractual requirements
- Oversight of licensing activities
- Litigation and claims handing, including coordinating with senior management to identify potential systemic risks and with DataQuick finance for expense and reserve purposes
- M&A activity, from deal sourcing through diligence, negotiation of definitive documentation and integration
- Contract management, including managing contract team members and the contract approval process drafting and negotiating strategic services and licensing customer contracts and vendor contracts
- Intellectual property management
- Regulatory and IP support for new product development efforts
- Recruiting and hiring additional legal and compliance team members, as necessary
- U.S. credentialed law degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Risk management experience with complex regulatory and compliance matters, preferably relating to the financial service industry or other highly regulated industries
- Strong analytical and communication skills to distill advice from subject matter experts and to frame issues for management decisions
- A minimum of 8 years of legal experience combining in-house legal and private law setting
- Outstanding corporate practice skills
- Experience advising executive management
- Title insurance expertise preferable, including knowledge and experience with state regulatory requirements for title and escrow businesses, HUD requirements, and RESPA considerations
- Appraisal/AMC expertise preferable, including knowledge and experience with State regulatory requirements, Dodd-Frank/TILA, interagency guidelines, and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Familiarity with vendor management practices preferred
- Flood (NFIP) and FCRA expertise preferred
- Additional banking and privacy regulatory experience preferred, including CFPB bulletins for banks and their service providers, GLB, State privacy regulations
- Data licensing experience preferred
DataQuick delivers innovative information solutions that improve the decision making and operational performance of mortgage lending clients.
DataQuick - 2 years ago