Direct Capital, the nation's fastest growing B-to-B lender, is seeking a general counsel to join its executive team. Our goal is to find a true team player with outstanding business acumen and strong experience in consumer or business lending.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support and advise the Company on strategic and core business initiatives
- Set-up a proactive Legal function for the Company to manage complex legal projects that have significant financial and business impacts including:
- Litigation of corporate matters
- Manage relationships with outside counsel
- Assisting senior management in reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements
- Implementing regulatory and compliance efforts across the Company
- Ensuring and coordinating proper corporate record keeping
- Establishing/defending company trademarks and intellectual property
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for federal and state commercial and consumer lending regulations, including FCRA, and make recommendations based on impact to the Company.
- Define legal compliance across software/technology applications
- Work closely with business partners in Risk Management, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
- Be a thought leader within the organization.
- Juris Doctorate and bar admission required (JD/MBA is a plus)
- 10+ years of legal practice (briefs, contracts, UCC, licensing, NDA, ...)
- Strong litigation experience
- Experience managing outside counsel
- Commercial and/or consumer finance experience highly desirable
- High attention to detail
- Excellent litigation skills
- Broad legal knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
- Strong sense of urgency
About Direct Capital
Established in 1993, Direct Capital provides specialty finance solutions, including capital equipment leasing, commercial loans, and merchant cash advances. Direct Capital markets its services through direct relationships with businesses and through partnerships with vendors, dealers, and manufacturers of capital equipment. Superb execution on its exceptional and unique direct service delivery model is the cornerstone of Direct Capital’s success in an increasingly commoditized financial services industry.
- Make Every Customer Experience Remarkable
- Be Scrappy
- Drive Big Mo (Momentum) for Success
- Crush Obstacles
- Seek Change
- Invent Solutions
- Be Point Blank
- Bring It - - Passion all day, every day
- Enjoy the Ride
- #2 Family owned business on a list of 75 by Business NH Magazine, in June 2012 issue
- FOURTH Largest Independent Equipment Finance Company by “Monitor”
- Named FOUR TIMES to Business NH Magazine’s list of Top New Hampshire Employers
- #5 on New Hampshire’s Fastest 20 Fastest Growing Companies List
- #7 on New Hampshire’s Private 100 List
- #4 on the Monitor (for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Professional) Top Private Independents List
- An Inc. 500 Company
- Equipment Finance for eBay, Power by Direct Capital and many other name brand partnerships
- 92% Client Satisfaction
- Located in America’s Top State to Live, 2012
We offer a robust benefit package that includes health, company paid dental, vision discounts, domestic partner benefits, 401 K, company paid life insurance, company paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short term and long term disability, a generous paid time off program, discounts on auto and home insurance, wellness programs that include weight loss clinics and smoking cessation programs, corporate discounts to area attractions.
Direct Capital Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Direct Capital is a family and employee-owned company headquartered in historic Portsmouth, New Hampshire. For more than 20 years, we have...