The General Counsel will lead the Firm’s Risk Management Department and report to one of the Executive Directors. The individual will serve as legal advisor to the Board, Management Committee, Office Leaders and Firmwide Shared Service Directors on legal issues and will act as Corporate Secretary.
- Oversee all governance issues and the entity structure to support strategic practice goals while managing potential risks
- Manage corporate record keeping for all entities (domestic and international)
- Oversee global architectural licensing/registration
- Create, implement and manage policies and procedures to comply with local and international law
- Advise business units (HR, Finance, IT, Applications, Marketing, Communications) on diverse legal issues
- Support business expansion opportunities, including potential mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and equity investments
- Manage intellectual property portfolio, including trademark and copyright registration and prosecution, and occasional patent matters
- Act as senior legal liaison to Global Support Studio, providing legal leadership to multi-disciplinary team which supports new foreign office locations and cross border project work
- Oversee Federal Security Clearance program and Home Office Facility Clearance (Top Secret level)what is this?
- Represent the firm in any mediation or arbitration proceedings as well as any other investigation matters.
- Support lease review for Global real estate portfolio
- Select and manage the global insurance program, policy terms and negotiations
- Direct and advise outside counsel for litigation and regulatory proceedings for specific projects
- Supervise a team of regional counsel and support staff; advise on all issues
- As Studio head, manage, develop, lead and motivate staff (including regional counsel) of 12-15 people
- Develop and manage budget and expenses
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disables and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Active bar admission in California
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in general corporate and commercial matters in-house and in a law firm, both contractual and litigation
- Background in construction law representing architects, engineers and/or designers
- Significant international experience in all aspects of law
- Exceptional presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences and creatively resolve negotiation barriers
- Ability to deliver presentations as needed
One of a handful of "pure design" firms, M. Arthur Gensler Jr. & Associates (Gensler) consistently ranks among the largest...