Position Title: General Crew
Reports to (Title): Operations Manager
Produce value added ingredient products as a member of the General Team. Responsibilities include maintaining visual inspection of product in compliance with established quality standards while adhering to plant safety and facility environmental compliance. Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of equipment and facility. Duties may also include customer service support as well as occasional equipment and systems troubleshooting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer support services.
- Operate, adjust and maintain optical sorting equipment.
- Operate and monitor berry hopper equipment.
- Visually inspect product for sorting and/or quality reject purposes.
- Conduct quality tests and record results.
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, in an effective manner.
- Effectively participate in the team using problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a clean sanitary facility and equipment in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Coordinate with production scheduling to meet customer demands.
- On rotational basis, perform all other duties associated with General Team.
- Must possess good vision (corrected or uncorrected).
- Must be able to lift low to medium weight (10-40 lbs) materials on a regular basis and heavy weights (up to 80 lbs.) on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use hand tools for various tasks.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders, transverse catwalks and work at low level heights (1’-12’).
- Requires ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must possess good reading, writing, and general reasoning skills.
- Good interpersonal skills associated with the need to work constructively in a team environment.
- Good personal hygiene.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work flexible and/or extended shifts.
- Effective verbal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to manually operate equipment as needed to assist Upgrade Crew.
- Sanitation: use and knowledge of chemicals
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 10 months ago
Ocean Spray Cranberries has transformed that ubiquitous Thanksgiving side dish into a big business with beverages, cereals, and snacks....