CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Designer 2 position. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you!
Designs the installation of overhead line extensions, underground electric line extensions and gas main extensions for new residential subdivisions and apartment complexes.
1) A minimum of 4 years experience in designing electric and/or gas distribution facilities; or Associates Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering or related field as outlined in the General Designer Program.
2) Effective oral and written communication skills.
3) Exceptional Customer Service skills.
4) Ability to manage priorities and work in high pressure situations
5) Ability to work independently and make sound business decisions.
6) Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a Team player.
7) Ability to work with PC software applications (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel)
8) Ability to lift/move/transport equipment and tools weighing up to approximately 20 pounds to perform job duties.
9) Ability to work indoors, outdoors and within adverse conditions
10) A valid Texas drivers’ license with a history of a safe driving record in accordance with CPS Energy policies, procedures, safety standards, and applicable laws and regulations
Employees must exhibit and adhere to all of our CPS Energy Core Behavioral Principles. The CPS Energy Behavioral Principles most in line with this role are:
One Company Mindset
•Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual
•Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy
•Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
Accountability and Attention to Detail
•Produces results despite obstacles; no excuses
•Holds herself/himself and others accountable, without flinching
•Stands behind all commitments; we do what we say we will do, and we do it well
•Ensures all work is correct and accurate
•Sets objectives and standards that stretch the organization and require performance beyond what is known to be attainable
•Targets and achieves large improvements in results; is not satisfied with incremental progress
•Maintains uncompromising standards of excellence
Engagement and Sense of Urgency
• Maintained focus on results, intensity, and persistence, even when times were tough
• Exhibited a bias for action, going beyond what was expected
• Demonstrated a strong sense of purpose and willingness to work hard, and took pride in overcoming challenges to produce results
• Demonstrated willingness to do whatever it took to get the job done, in accordance with CPS Energy values and behavioral principles, and led others to do the same
CPS Energy - 15 months ago
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...