Department: Eglin Robins OL Office
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: 9R-Arnold-857805-851449-CLM
SALARY RANGE: $81823 to $106369/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, March 15, 2013 to Thursday, March 21, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0801-13/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Arnold AFB, TN
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Current Permanent Career or Career Conditional Air Force Employees Only
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as senior project manager for Improvement and Modernization (I&M), Maintenance & Repair (M&R), Minor Construction (MC), Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization (SRM), and Military Construction (MILCON) projects within the Mission Support Area, to manage the Simplified Acquisition of Base Engineering Requirements (SABER) contract, and to serve as a functional specialist for evaluating the Mission Support Contractor's performance in execution of investment projects.
- Functions as senior Investment project manager for the Mission Support Area.
- Serves as the AEDC SABER Contract Manager.
- Serves as Functional Specialist for the evaluation of AEDC Mission Support Contractor performance to determine the contractor award fee.
- Reviews technical criteria, designs, and specifications for civil, mechanical, architectural, electrical, and electronic systems required to execute I&M, M&R, MC, SRM, and MILCON projects.
- Performs special projects and otherwise assists the Squadron Commander in business and technical matters as required.
Qualification Requirements : You must meet BOTH the Basic and Specialized qualification requirements and provide documentation to support your qualifications (If you are using education to qualify, failure to submit the required documentation will result in you being rated ineligible. See sections on College Transcripts and Foreign Education below for required documentation.):
1. Basic Qualification Requirement: You must meet one of the following qualification requirements and provide documentation to support your qualifications (If you are using education to qualify, failure to submit the required documentation will result in you being rated ineligible. See sections on College Transcripts and Foreign Education below for required documentation.):
A. Degree : Have a Bachelor's Degree in professional engineering from a curriculum (1) in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineer curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (beyond first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics; (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Education/Experience : Have a combination of education and experience--college level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences, and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional Registration . Have current registration as a professional engineer.
2. Written Test . Have evidence of successfully passing the written test required for professional registration or have successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination and have completed all the requirements for either (a) a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Technology (BET) from an accredited college or university that included 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences, or (b) a BET from a program accredited by ABET.
3. Specified Academic Courses . Have successfully completed at least 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of courses in the Physical, Mathematical, and Engineering sciences and in Engineering that included the courses specified in "A" above.
4. Related Curriculum . Have successfully completed a curriculum leading to a Bachelor's Degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field (e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology) and have 1 year of professional engineering experience under the guidance and supervision of a professional engineer. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering type experience.
If you are using a related curriculum to qualify, failure to submit the following documentation will result in you being rated ineligible. You must submit a legible copy of your training plan, performance appraisal and/or a letter from your Professional Engineer Supervisor. The letter must reflect the individuals Professional Engineer License Number. [Note: Your education/experience will be thoroughly evaluated under this provision. To ensure you receive maximum consideration, you should provide detailed descriptions of professional engineering duties performed under the guidance and supervision of a professional engineer; continuing education/training received; evidence of acceptance in the professional engineering field (i.e., patents, associations, published articles, etc.), and any other relevant factors.]
Basic Qualification Supporting Documentation. This position has a specific education requirement. You must submit one of the following:
copy of college transcripts
if you are a current or previous federal employee in the GS-800 series, you may submit your most recent SF-50 in lieu of college transcripts
complete college course list*
professional engineer license
training plan, performance appraisal and/or letter from Professional Engineer Supervisor
Failure to provide the appropriate documentation will result in an ineligible rating.
If selected, you will be required to provide an original/official copy of your documentation before entering on duty.
2. Specialized Experience: Subsequent to meeting the basic qualifications above, you must have at least 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-12 or equivalent level performing engineering duties, serving as a senior project manager for Improvement and Modernization (I&M), Maintenance & Repair (M&R), Minor Construction (MC), Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization (SRM), and Military Construction (MILCON) projects . This experience must have been at a level of difficulty and complexity sufficient to demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of this position. It may have been gained in the private sector, volunteer service, military service, and/or government service, etc.
- Complete list of all college courses must identify: college or university attended, course title/number taken, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Transcripts must reflect receipt of degree and date degree was awarded, if applicable. To receive credit for foreign education, you must provide proof that the education has been evaluated by an organization specializing in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and has been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-12 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
The following are the job-related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) necessary to perform this position and are for informational purposes only, do not submit:
Professional knowledge of a broad range of engineering principles and practices applicable to the full range of engineering duties, specifying project direction, providing technical direction, and managing projects for major systems and facility acquisitions.
Expert skill in the application of the program management tools and techniques to the development, design, construction, and validation of real property facilities and their associated systems, including management of cost, schedule, and technical performance and management of technical support from experienced professionals.
Broad knowledge of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices, techniques, and materials to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations, including health, safety, and environmental requirements.
Knowledge and understanding of Air Force and DOD regulations, instructions, and procedures that govern management of I&M, M&R, MC, SRM, SABER, and Military Construction programs.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously throughout their development lifecycles. Knowledge of contracting regulations, practices, and procedures, and skill in their application to diverse infrastructure and systems requirements.
Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain good working relations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, March 21, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 857805. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 .
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located here :
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214 (Member-4 copy or Service 2 form), Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT: Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Christopher L. Moore
Air Force Personnel Center
OR TDD WITHIN SAN ANTONIO AREA 565-2276
DO NOT MAIL OR EMAIL CALL ONLY
Air Force Acquisition - 12 months ago