Assists craftsmen in laying out, fabricating, assembling, installing repairs boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, vats and and maintaining piping and piping systems and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial processing systems.
1. Receives verbal work orders or instructions from craftsman. Must be able to follow specific directions.
2. Selects type and size of materials needed for each job. Transports, loads and unloads materials as required.
3. Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions.
4. Cuts, grinds, threads and bends material according to job specifications.
5. Assembles and installs a variety of metal and non-metal material and fittings.
6. Joins material and secures to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
7. Operates fire extinguisher and safety shower and other tools/equipment necessary to perform work.
8. Uses basic math skills including geometry and trigonometry to make calculations for work.
9. Cleans work area and restocks materials/supplies as needed.
10. Erects scaffolding at work site as needed.
11. Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
12. Performs minor maintenance or cleaning of craftsman's tools and equipment.
13. Disassembles and removes damaged or worn wood, metal plate and pipe.
14. Must be able to work within standards of accuracy.
1-2 yrs. Experience in craft or 6 mos + 2 semesters ABC or equavlent training.
Pala is dedicated to providing the highest standards in construction services for leading energy, process, and manufacturing firms in the...