General Labor - Night Shift
Sanitation Team Member
THE ASHEBORO, NC PLANT IS THE NEWEST AND MOST MODERN FACILITY IN MOM BRANDS (formerly MALT-O-MEAL) WITH STATE OF THE ART EQUIPMENT, FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY PROCEDURES. JOIN AN EXCITING, FAST PACED AND REWARDING ENVIRONMENT!
SHIFT: 6:00PM – 6:00AM *Candidates must be flexible to work both night AND day shift hours (6:00AM-6:00PM).
PAY: $11.80/hr *Candidates must be flexible to accept both night AND day shift pay ($11.10/hr).
BENEFITS: This is a full-time, permanent position offering competitive benefits including: medical, dental, life, disability, vacations and holidays, 401-K and more.
JOB FUNCTION :
This position performs general duties in all areas of the facility inside and outside. Serves as a resource to all departments with a strong focus on improving current sanitation methods and increasing production line capacity. This position is a critical member of the food safety function and helps maintain strict GMP requirements. Responsible for supporting, implementing, and maintaining food safety practices as required through SQF. Must complete job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Monitor and communicate master cleaning schedule compliance.
- Monitor and maintain building perimeter in a sanitary condition that meets GMP guidelines.
- Organize and stock cleaning chemical storage room. Activities will include stocking PPE, monitoring chemical inventories, and general housekeeping.
- Maintain GMP requirements in common areas to include compactor area, wet waste area, stair towers, halls, floors, roof, elevators, MCC rooms, etc.
- Operation of equipment including: fork lift, pallet jack, and powered scrubber
- Daily leak checks / walk through
- Cleaning of commodity bin bottoms
- Assist in waste handling
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information with other team members.
- Participate in team activities and provide assistance in all team related areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or GED) required
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language.
- Experience with or knowledge of chemicals (hazardous and non-hazardous).
- Experience with or ability to operate riding/walk behind floor scrubbers
- Computer proficiency for functions including: internet, email, data entry, record keeping, reporting, etc.
- Basic math skills including weights and measurements.
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions.
- Regular attendance and f lexibility to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively to various support staff.
- Prior manufacturing or General Labor experience is preferred.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in which standing, kneeling, climbing and walking are 100% of on-the-job time.
- Capable of repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling with weight ranges of 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to perform repeated twisting, bending and reaching of upper and lower extremities
* Job offers are contingent upon passing/completing the following: Drug Test, Criminal Background Check, Physical Work Screen, Hearing Test, Education Verification, and Employment History Verification.
- Ability to work in the following conditions: hot and/or humid environments, heights up to 30ft, working on ladders, confined spaces, and catwalks.
- Must wear company-issued uniforms (snap-front shirt & pants) and required PPE (bump-cap, hair net, beard net, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.)
MOM Brands is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify
Post Consumer Brands
- 24 months ago - save job
Post Consumer Brands is the newly formed branded CPG division of Post Holdings. Today, the primary business category is cereal, comprised of...