General Laborer/ Truck Driver-Class B, ACS Transloading
Reports to: Supervisor/ Operations Manager Department/Location: Material Handling
Revision Level: 1 Division: M-BAR-D Railcar Tech Inc
To assist in delivery of Coal, Coke and Limestone to American Crystal Sugar Co & additional customers using dump trucks. May also be required to operate Track mobile, Scissor lift truck, and aid in stacking operations at the unload site. To assist in all phases of material handling, including door operations, and mobile equipment operations.
- Visually inspect equipment and or truck and trailer for safe operation
- Operate vehicles, track mobile, screen plants, unload conveyors, radial stacker, skid steer and stationary equipment
- Aid in all site clean-up and site maintenance
- Maintain all DOT required logs and vehicle inspection records
- Follow all M-Bar-D & American Crystal Sugar safety rules on site, and at all factories
- Must meet delivery time requirements for route that is assigned to you
- Keep coal free of contaminates and deliver to coal storage bunker or stockpile at customer
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Continually watch for moving equipment and hazards that could harm you or any other co-worker. Safety is job priority one.
- Standing, walking, bending, and stretching are required to perform train-unloading operations
- Manuel dexterity to handle tools, hammers and the ability to move 25 ponds are regularly required to perform unloading operations
- Vision must be sufficient for driving, and inspection of trucks and all other equipment required for the purpose of material handling.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to coal dust from coal unloading. Stacking operations, truck unloading
- Exposure to silica dust from limestone unloading
- Exposure to gasoline and fuel vapors when fueling trucks and equipment
- Must obtain a permit for commercial class B driver’s license with tanker endorsement within 90 days of hire; license 180 days from hire date.
- Pass a mandatory DOT drug screen
- Ability to work in a high dust environment with PPE that is properly fit tested, and does not interfere with normal breathing while performing basic job functions.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated math, reading, and writing skills to read car ID numbers, and prepare reports
- Satisfactory completion of all company-training program for Driver/Operators
Wage Type: Hourly