Clemens Food Group is the industry leader in customer solutions. Originally founded in 1895, the Company has a long rich heritage, deeply rooted in values. Clemens Food Group is a vertically coordinated company that includes hog farming, food production, logistical services, and transportation. To this day, it remains steadfastly dedicated to continuing previous generations' commitment by operating as good stewards of the community and the environment, offering quality innovative products and services, and working with our business partners, customers, employees, and family members with the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
The Accountant is responsible for all preparation aspects of the monthly close. This position also acts as a back-up in the weekly flash process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Create and enter weekly inventory entries
2) Bank reconciliations
3) Detailed general ledger account analysis
4) Monthly close of PVT and CFC Logistics (accruals, account reconciliations)
5) Support supply chain requests
6) Assist with development, documentation, and maintenance of accounting procedures
7) Responsible for maintaining fixed asset database
8) Serve as back-up to other department positions as needed
9) Perform all other related duties as assigned or directed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years experience preferred but will consider qualified individuals
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, Excel in particular
- This position requires an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Outlook; Crystal Reports or a similar report writer.
- Must be able to work independently and with individuals from multiple disciplines and with varying levels of experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hatfield Quality Meats & Allebach Communications - 2 years ago