Records and analyzes transactions for financial reporting purposes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Maintains general ledger accounts through account reconciliations and analytical procedures such as variance analysis.
· Prepares monthly journal entries for the non-utility business in commercial solar and investment-type solar projects in the Commercial Energy Systems sector.
· Reviews non-utility partnership, lease and purchase contracts, as well as pricing models, and prepares invoices for the counter-party.
· Establishes and implements guidelines to determine that the company is compliant with entered non-utility project agreements.
· Tracks the non-utility invoices/billings for the solar-investment type projects and analyzes bad debt reserve.
· Manages the non-utility solar assets and monitors items such as placed in service date, purchase price, depreciation and other components and provides monthly reports to management on purchased solar assets.
· Prepares balance sheet reconciliations to maintain the accuracy of the non-utility general ledger accounts.
· Conduct monthly due diligence analysis for the non-utility business in the Commercial Energy Systems sector.
· Identifies opportunities for process improvements and documents accounting desk procedures.
· Participates in monthly management reporting for the non-utility business by preparing stand-alone financial statements for the commercial solar and investment-type solar projects by gathering performance metrics information and analyzing those metrics against forecast.
· Researches complex technical accounting issues and presents findings.
· Responds to external auditor and internal financial and tax reporting requests.
Job Description - Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business discipline.
· A minimum of five years of experience in accounting, preferably with general ledger.
· CPA designation preferred.
· Demonstrated comprehensive working knowledge of GAAP.
· Proven working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial modules (e.g. General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Projects) including nVision, Query, and Crystal report writing tools or another system such as SAP or Oracle
· Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office and advanced functions in Excel, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
· Demonstrated ability to logically analyze and interpret data and to identify relevant issues in solving narrowly-defined business problems.
· Demonstrated ability to meet numerous internal and external deadlines often under tight time constraints.
· Demonstrated ability to present diverse ideas logically and concisely both verbally and in writing.
· Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, and peers.
Washington Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or other legally protected status.