Reports To: General Accounting Manager
The role: GL Accountant
We are a rapidly growing medical device manufacturing company looking for a GL Accountant to join our team. We foster an environment that blends are strengths: team players with an entrepreneurial mentality. The ideal candidate would be a dedicated team player who is self-motivated and passionate about pleasing internal and external customers. You will work closely with all departments, and will be expected to grow as an expert in order to contribute to the success of a dynamic business. We offer our employees a very competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us.
- Working with the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant, full cycle General Ledger monthly close process and all activities to ensure account and sub-ledger balances are reconciled and GAAP compliant.
- Preparation of standard and non-recurring Journal Entries on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly Account Reconciliations.
- Maintain and update Fixed Asset subledger, perform monthly Depreciation entries, and perform annual physical audit of Capitalized equipment.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end Audit schedules and reconciliations, interfacing with external auditors as required.
- Assist as needed with quarterly and annual Budgeting and Forecasting efforts with the Financial Planning & Analysis group.
- Ensure policies and procedures are performed in accordance with ZELTIQ’s key controls for SOX 404 compliance.
- Assume other duties and assist with special projects as needed.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
Language and Verbal Skills
- 3-5 years work experience in accounting with strong knowledge of GAAP
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including macros & graphs, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Hands on experience with ERP system such as SAP Business 1, Oracle, or JD Edwards required.
- Ability to manage processes with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills, efficient time management professional with high energy and a team player attitude.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Incumbent must possess good written and spoken communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisor, clients and managers.
Zeltiq - 16 months ago