The University of Mary Washington is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of General Maintenance Supervisor. This positions will be responsible for supervising the General Maintenance Program for the care and upkeep of UMW building, mechanical and electrical operating systems, building structures, equipment and furnishings. This position performs both routine and repair maintenance tasks on a daily basis and is responsible for coordinating the work of UMW staff, contract employees, and/or contractors of the University as required.
The GM Supervisor provides shift coverage and will be tasked with coordinating facilities services support and response to UMW operations. Shifts may vary, but will initially be Wednesday-Sunday, 8AM-5PM.
- Extensive Knowledge of and skill in maintenance practices in one or more of the following building trades: Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry, or Painting.
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance practices, building codes and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills as well as sound judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and direct maintenance performed by trades/maintenance staff and contractors.
- Knowledge of and skill in basic computer operation.
- Ability to maintain required records and documentation.
- Substantial experience in maintenance, repair and upkeep of institutional/commercial building structures, building furnishings and components and building operating systems.
- Extensive experience in building maintenance practices. Experience in directing and coordinating building maintenance and repair projects.
- Masters or Journeymen license in one of the trade areas HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing (Masters must be obtained with in one-year of employment)
- Valid driver's license.
- Extensive work experience in building maintenance at a residential or higher education institution
- Experience and knowledge of HVAC controls, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Experience in contract oversight and management.
- Basic knowledge of Building Automated System (BAS control programs)
Virginia Jobs - 23 months ago