The Store Maintenance Technician completes general repair and maintenance services at The Pantry facilities, including (but not necessarily limited to) store equipment, facility lighting, canopy, paving, and sitework.
- After receiving maintenance requests from Dispatching, inspects malfunctioning or failing maintenance item to determine cause and solution; uses general departmental guidelines, professional knowledge, equipment manuals, calibrating and other devices; refers major repairs to supervisor.
- Repairs or replaces defective items utilizing inventory items maintained in Company provided vehicle; utilizes warehouse and local store accounts to purchase parts as needed.
- Completes professional general maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, store equipment (fountain, coffee, cappuccino, refrigeration, A/C), facility lighting, canopy, paving, and sitework (fencing, bollards, etc.).
- Completes bi-annual preventive maintenance inspections and service on store and restaurant equipment (if present) at assigned stores within their respective markets.
- Contacts Maintenance Dispatchers when problem requires outside contractor assistance, is a re-occurring event, components are not in on-hand inventory and can not be purchased locally, and need to be ordered.
- Follows up to ensure affected systems are functional after repair or preventative maintenance.
- Completes the Facilities “15-Minute Turn” review to inspect the remaining facility equipment, fixtures and conditions during store visits. Completes repairs to these items (unless service required is on equipment which they are not certified to repair) and also completes a ViryaNet work order to record these additional repairs.
- Reports in daily on status of work orders issued; mails work orders and appropriate expense reports to supervisor as designated.
- Responds to all calls within the specified amount of time and properly-utilizes IVR and Dispatching system.
- Performs any other job-related duties and/or tasks that may be assigned.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- High school diploma or GED with 1 to 2 years experience with retail operational and selling equipment and operational systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system & Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to process information including observing, inspecting, assessing, and diagnosing equipment errors or defects.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to repair basic electrical and mechanical systems.
- Physical Demands: Work requires frequent driving, sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer. Work requires frequent bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 50 pounds. Work is subject to telephone and personal contact with support center employees, managers, outside maintenance vendors, and can be stressful. Work requires good manual dexterity and eye to hand coordination.
- Working Conditions: Work includes regular travel throughout the assigned area and occasional trips outside the area and overnight stays. Work can include long hours; occasional week-ends, holidays, and trips outside the area.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license; Curtis Coffee Equipment, Servend Fountain, Star Grills, and Tidel safes preferred.
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express.
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision , Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401 (k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse/Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time off – Vacation
Kangaroo Express - 4 months ago
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern...