• Able to use basic hand and power tools
• The ability to work with minimal supervision
• The ability read and interpret schematic, blueprints and comprehend written instructions
• Knowledge of chemicals helpful
• The ability to move up to 45 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds
• Must be comfortable climbing ladders and using man-lifts
• Three (3) years of general building maintenance
• Valid driver’s license
PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a General Maintenance Worker for our outstanding team.
This position performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work.
Responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to the following:
• Replace electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures and motors
• Utilize plaster and/or compounds to patch minor holes, cracks in wall and ceilings and similar damage
• Repair and/or replace sinks,, water coolers and toilets
• Paint various structures and equipment
• Repair and/or replace concrete floors, steps, paneling, floor tiles, walks, etc.
• Hang doors and install door locks
• Replace broken window panes
• Perform general maintenance on equipment and machinery
The qualified candidate should have good communication skills and be able to work independently and with a team. The ability and willingness to work in various outdoor weather conditions, meet deadlines and adapt to changing environments are a must.
PRIDE Industries provides outstanding benefits and a competitive salary. If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply on-line at www.prideindustries.com. PRIDE Industries is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action, work-force diversity and a drug-free working environment. View our website to learn more!
PRIDE Industries - 19 months ago
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest employers of people with disabilities, provides a selection of outsourcing solutions to meet...