Swissport, Inc. is the #1 leading Ground Services provider in the world. Employing over 35,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 650 client companies at 177 airport locations in 36 countries on five continents, Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Fueling, Aircraft Maintenance, and Aviation Security. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Consider being a part of an organization that has earned recognition as the Global Aviation Ground Services company for the last twelve consecutive years in a row and Cargo Handling Agent of the Year for the last three consecutive years! Our mission is simple – “To strengthen our number one position.”
Role & Function
To efficiently and profitably manage and direct the Station through providing a quality product over a range of cargo handling services to its customer base and to expand the customer base accordingly.
To meet and improve targets, financial and operational, as set out in the Business Plan and in the Budget.
- Resource planning (manpower, equipment and facilities) and preparation of the operating budgets for the following year for prior approval by the VP Cargo.
- Ensure that financial targets are met.
- Establish and maintain a high quality standard of the Cargo handling operation.
- Maintain close and effective business relationships with customer airline’s management.
- Ensure that there is an efficient and effective communications system between management and the workforce.
- Three (3) to five (5) years cargo operations experience
- Minimum five year managerial experience
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Internal and external customer relations skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Lawson
- Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Salary commensurate with experience. Selection will be based on candidate qualifications, company requirements and individual assessment results.
- Business Acumen
- Analysis & Judgment
- People Management
- Strategic Direction
- Decision Making / Problem Solving
- Financial / Commercial Acumen
Swissport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a Drug-Free Workplace. Additionally, Swissport uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility upon hire. Please see the following links for additional information.
CANDIDATE INSTRUCTIONS :
- E-Verify participation poster in English
- E-Verify participation poster in Spanish
- For consideration, please apply online and upload a cover letter and recent resume highlighting your qualifications and skills for this position. No other means of submission will be accepted.
- Phone calls, emails, or faxes are strictly prohibited.
- Principals only, PLEASE! Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies are strictly prohibited and become the property of Swissport, and therefore, not subject to placement fees.
Swissport International Ltd. - 18 months ago