General Manager: Crimson Business Solutions
The General Manager will serve as the strategic and business lead over the newly formed Business Solutions vertical. Because of the importance of this business to The Advisory Board’s larger growth strategy, the General Manager will have extraordinary access to firm leadership and the resources to invest in realizing the full potential of this business. This executive will have leadership accountability for these products and will be charged with taking them to the next phase of growth while ensuring high customer (member) ROI. The GM will provide proven and visionary leadership across a talented senior management team which includes product GMs, and leaders over technology development, product management and product delivery and services. Across the next three years, this executive will help ensure that the business vertical delivers world-class member value, exceed sales and renewal goals, as well as develop and execute a long-term product growth strategy.
Specific goals include:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the product leadership team. Serve as staff advocate and champion across the entire business. Ensure adequate staffing plans are in place to support pipeline and client commitments. Active leadership participation in attracting, selecting and mentorship of new talent to the business.
- In conjunction with our New Product Development (NPD) team, design a long-term growth strategy for the business, develop and execute upon strategies to launch new product and solution lines, through both organic product development and acquisition(s) and to help steward and evolve products portfolio in ways that create positive ROI, drive new revenue growth.
- Rapidly assess the market and the business and communicate a clear vision to the organization to achieve growth and margin objectives.
- Establish business metrics to meet client requirements and to achieve growth and margin targets and goals.
- Provide leadership support to the sales and contract renewal process including supporting large contract pursuits, enhancing collateral development and product demonstrations.
- Partner with finance organization to oversee the budgeting, forecasting and detailed review of monthly and operational results.
- Serve as the “face to the market” by working directly with key customers and creating national platforms and exposure for the business (e.g., industry advisory panels, user groups).
Performance Criteria (Success Factors)
- Contract value, gross margin and EBITDA
- New product performance and long-term growth strategy
- Sales and renewal performance
- Quality Scores and member utilization
- Team leadership, retention and engagement of top talent within business
- Five or more years of prior senior executive leadership experience within the healthcare industry
- Commercial software product experience, ideally within the healthcare informatics/analytics space. Must have a strong product orientation and experience in growth environments.
- A successful track record as a leader, developer and manager of people and talent; demonstrated experience to attract, retain and develop strong talent. Ability to build a positive organizational and team culture including recognition and reward systems that align individual’s focus with the direction of the company’s goals
- Bachelor’s Degree
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Market facing orientation and exceptional relationship building abilities.
- Outstanding strategic leadership skills; a visionary capable of anticipating and addressing significant industry challenges.
- A vision-setter with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a high performing team towards common goals.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; a sense of humility, impeccable integrity, strong work ethic and an ability and desire to engage with others across the organization.
- Ability to align business functions to facilitate quick, collaborative and empirically-based decisions while ensuring accountability for execution.
- A high level of intelligence, strategic, analytical and conceptual skills; and a practical approach to problem solving and business growth
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, which will be used both internally with The Advisory Board and externally with members and prospects
- A value-set consistent with the mission and values of The Advisory Board Company including: a strong service ethic and spirit of generosity (with external and internal constituencies), belief in team engagement and collaboration, and a commitment to constant growth and development.
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer *LI
The Advisory Board Company - 2 years ago
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...