General Manager, Rentals
Since 2005, Trulia's been focused on building the most vibrant and valuable marketplace in the real estate industry. We're transforming the industry in three big ways: giving consumers the information they need, helping professionals build their businesses, and creating additional value in adjacent markets. Trulia attracts more than 35 million unique house hunters every month, and during peak periods on the weekends, the majority of the traffic is now coming via mobile devices. Trulia is publicly traded, under the stock ticker TRLA and is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York City, Denver, and Seattle.
Trulia is looking to add a General Manager (GM) to lead the Rentals business. Rentals is one of the fastest growing parts of the US economy and is also one of the fastest growing lines of business within Trulia. We are looking for a consumer, product focused, GM to supercharge our business. Trulia has made significant consumer progress with Trulia Rentals, and the GM of Rentals’ primary responsibilities will be to crisply develop and execute the consumer and advertiser product strategy, grow and mentor the Rentals team, while surpassing audience, revenue and profit objectives.
What Does Success Look Like?
What You Bring:
- Crisp, insightful product strategy: You have researched, sought buy-in and determined the strategic priorities, the product plan and operating plan for Rentals, building on the current platform and momentum to create the leading online rental service as defined by consumer acquisition, consumer engagement, monetization/revenue and profitability.
- An amazing product experience: As one of the top web and mobile companies in real estate, Trulia attracts more than 35 million consumers per month. You have developed a compelling consumer rentals destination leveraging high quality listings, mobile, SEO, email and other forms of consumer engagement to drive new consumer acquisition. You have analyzed the drivers of engagement and repeat usage. You have clearly communicated the product priorities and have worked with the product and engineering teams to make it a reality.
- Industry knowledge: You have taken the time to understand the professional landscape (landlord, property owner, property manager) and have evaluated build, buy, partner decisions to accelerate listing acquisition and monetization.
- Savvy general manager: You are a true leader and take the time to mentor a high functioning team. You own day-to-day management of the rentals business, team, our customers and partners, ensuring that the team is executing against the strategic priorities and delivering results. You are able to deliver agreed-upon financial and operating metric objectives and are comfortable balancing competing priorities.
You are a seasoned product leader and general manager with the ability to lead in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment. You have strong strategy & product management skills and have demonstrated a track record of delivery against consumer and monetization goals. You have a deep network and have had great experience attracting and developing top talent and leading high-performing teams.
A bit more detail:
- Strong background delivering world-class consumer experience on web and mobile
- Experience managing consumer product management with a track record of driving traffic via mobile, SEO, content, and repeat consumer engagement.
- Proven track-record driving revenue, managing P&L's and delivering business results
- Experience attracting, motivating and managing diverse, cross-functional teams
- World-class strategic capabilities and a bias for fact-based decision making
- Analytical problem solving skills (build a hypothesis, test, repeat, create a spark, apply jet fuel)
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize strategy and operating plans
- Superior communication and influencing skills
- Team player who is comfortable with ambiguity and a faced-paced environment
- College degree and/or MBA from a top-tier school
- Industry experience in real estate or online marketplaces a plus
Since 2005, Trulia's been focused on building the most vibrant and valuable marketplace in the real estate industry.
Trulia gives home...