General Manager Americas
The successful candidate wil be responsible for Industrial Group business and facilities in North and South America along with IG facility in Baguio, Philippines.
Moog Americas FY13 operating profit is forecast to be $ 22 M on external sales of over $160M.
This role will report directly to the President of the Industrial Group and will lead a direct team of approx. 8 immediate subordinates. The role has responsibility for approximately 520 employees.
- Lead the development and execution of our strategic business plan within the Americas region
- Define short, medium and long term targets to meet the business requirements and achieve our profit goals
- Ensure appropriate talent management through selection, development and performance management
- Pursue growth opportunities through both organic development and strategic acquistions
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with key business partners
- Foster lean practices and innovation to achieve operational effectiveness
- Extensive travel within Americas and frequent trips to Europe and Asia Pacific
- Strong business acumen with an Engineering background (MBA or other business degree along with an Engineering degree combined with relevant work experience)
- Significant track record of progressive business and people management including P&L responsibility
- Proven capabilities in strategic and tactical general management, and multi-cultural interpersonal relations
- Track record of customer centric focus
- Proven competence in building trust, adaptability, change management, strategic decision making and building partnerships across countries and functions, customer focus
- Ability to coach & lead a regional management team
- Moog cultural “fit” i.e. operating in an informal, consensus-driven, and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to effectively operate in a diverse environment in terms of culture, geography, language and economy
- Fluent English will be required. Spanish or Portuguese would be beneficial
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...