This position is responsible for managing the operations and directing employees at assigned facility, ultimately ensuring the overall satisfaction of customers and projecting an image of service and a feeling of confidence in The Andersons. The incumbent will accomplish this through safe and responsible operations, and through the efficient and effective use of physical human and capital resources. This position is accountable for the safety of all employees and the environmental stewardship of the facility, and should conduct all operations in a manner that ensures safety, security and maintenance of all assets. This position is accountable to develop plans and budgets and execute within guidelines. The incumbent is accountable for pricing, operating income, and the establishment of performance goals. The incumbent must be able to contribute to the attainment of the customer sales objectives and overall profit center goals in the facility.
The incumbent is accountable for organizing and controlling the use of human resources and physical assets to support the achievement of marketing, operational and sales goals, as well as overall business strategies and objectives to ensure long term growth and profitability. The incumbent is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of sales forecasting and plans, budget, etc. The incumbent must work to assess employee needs to provide a culture that encourages and fosters productivity, career development and good morale in the workplace. The incumbent will complete individual performance reviews for all subordinates.
The incumbent is accountable to maintain an advanced knowledge about regulatory agencies guidelines, audits, reporting and database, etc. This position will manage the loss prevention plan, risk survey process, process safety management, and insurance inspections to ensure that action items are completed or addressed in a timely manner. The incumbent must oversee and be responsible for the order processing functions in accordance with credit policies, procedures and controls.
General Manager level is based on location-specific metrics.
General Manager I SCORP532
General Manager II SCORP544
General Manager III SCORP915
General Manager IV SCORP040
The incumbent typically reports to Senior Area Manager along with other operation employees. Reporting to the incumbent may includethe Operations Manager, Operations Supervisor, Ag Sales Supervisor, Office Coordinator, Customer Service Specialists, Customer Service Representative and could include Ag Advisors and other Operations Workers.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons' Statement of Principles:
1. Be a true leader and champion in establishing and maintaining a vision and required behaviors for our culture of ensuring human safety.
2. Deliver a courteous, pleasant and positive attitude in providing extraordinary service to all customers, coworkers and others ensuring open lines of communication.
3. Maintain an advanced knowledge of company products, services, policies and procedures.
4. Exemplify company safety standards by practicing safe work habits, participating in safety meetings, and reporting unsafe working conditions.
5. Demonstrate a mastery of the gross profit impact associated with sales and service programs, as well as market trends and pricing through positive sales results and knowledge.
6. Work with product and sales management groups to develop short/long term sales plans to achieve objectives and gross profit goals; ensure that employees are informed of market trends, prices, and programs/sales initiatives.
7. Oversee the facility’s departments to establish sales goals, plans, and budgets; manage the facility’s team to consistently meet goals and profit center objectives.
8. Coordinate the purchasing of raw materials and supplies though involvement with Group product management and/or corporate procurement to emsure optimal pricing and inventory levels.
9. Initiate and enforce budgets and goals, as well as short term planning, annual plans, and long range capital and operating plans, while operating within those established limits.
10. Oversee loss prevention, risk management, and process safety management and insurance inspections; operate the facility in accordance with regulatory compliance offices.
11. Develop, audit, and maintain the necessary controls to ensure compliance with company and environmental laws and ensure that manufactured goods comply with parameters established by state and federal agencies.
12. Manage the evaluation and analysis of assigned acquisition opportunities. Provide the expertise that is necessary to appropriately assess business combinations and manage the due diligence process: make recommendations to management regarding the viability of potential purchases.
13. Select, train and develop facility staff to establish a successful organization.
14. Conduct the performance management process for all subordinates, plus assist and direct them with their personal career development.
15. Performs other related duties within job scope as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a related discipline
High level = 7 – 10 years of applicable experience in a related discipline
Valid driver’s license
Commercial driver’s license (CDL), preferred within Farm Center
Agriculture custom applicator license, a plus within Farm Center
Certified Crop Advisor Certification (CCA), a plus within Farm Center
Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization
Advanced computer skills
Highly knowledgeable with ISO, EPA and other regulatory agencies
Demonstrate organizational awareness
Ability to lead and mentor others
Strong relationship building skills
1. Must be able to stand/sit for extended period of time.
2. Works in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
3. Working conditions could include: dust, fumes and noise.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Andersons, Inc. is an entrepreneurial company with diversified interests in the agriculture and transportation markets. The Company operates...