General Manager Nuclear Fleet Operations-24588
The General Manager of Nuclear Fleet Operations is responsible for directing the establishment and implementation of industry best practice performance strategy and standards for nuclear plant operations and maintenance from a fleet oversight perspective, assuring the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the plant within the constraints of applicable regulatory requirements, operating license, and the Quality Assurance Plan. Functional areas of responsibility include Operations, Maintenance, Radiation Protection, Chemistry, Environmental Services, Maintenance, Outage planning and Execution, Training, Security, Emergency Preparedness, Production Planning, Regulatory Affairs, Performance Improvement, Industrial Safety and all related procedures and programs.
- Responsible to create strategies to drive performance improvement through fleet governance and oversight assisting senior management achieving targets and goals. Provide oversight and accountability through challenge boards and other means to improve performance.
- Provide oversight, observations, and accountability to the Training Programs; Additionally, on a periodic basis provide instruction as a leadership subject matter expert. Ensure proper plant staffing, including training and maintaining a qualified operating staff.
- Provide oversight of outage planning and outage execution. That means looking ahead in a forward thinking manner and anticipating potential problems / situations to generate preventative approaches to undesirable outcomes.
- Provide stakeholder communications such as INPO, NRC, Public Utility Commission, and the Corporation. Additionally, provide reviews to documents that represent the site to external stakeholders for completeness and accuracy. Maintains industry expertise and reviews new technology, best practices, emerging trends and / or regulation changes and develop strategies for the fleet.
- Review and take the lead to resolve performance deficiencies.
- Coaching and mentoring functional area managers and supervisors to fully assess and resolve problems and decision-making approaches in a manner that effectively transfers knowledge
- Must be a member of the Emergency Response Organization. Also participate in practice drills with the assigned crew as well as evaluate the performance effectiveness of the other crews.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a recognized engineering or scientific field generally associated with power production.
- The General Manager Nuclear Fleet Operations must have a minimum of 10 years of responsible power plant experience, to which a minimum of three years must be nuclear power plant experience.
- Must have acquired a Senior Reactor Operator's License or SRO Certification.
Primary Location: MN-Minneapolis
Sc hedule: Full-time
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NukeWorker.com - 16 months ago