This position is located in Sequoia National Park, approximately 2 hours from Fresno. The Wuksachi Village and Lodge offers 102 well-appointed guest rooms, a full service restaurant, bar and banquet/catering areas. Please visit http://www.visitsequoia.com where you can discover California’s Best Kept Secret.
Provide effective management and profitable growth for Delaware North Parks and Resorts by advising, recommending and assisting in the formulation of corporate objectives, policies and plans pertaining to the unit operations.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive client relationships within the park
- Responsible for leadership in the park and making appropriate decisions under adverse circumstances caused by weather and other natural events.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of this destination resort, including food service, sales and marketing and retail.
- Daily responsibilities to include oversight of finance, lodging, food & beverage, conferences, sales and marketing, retail, facilities and human resources functions.
- Ensure that effective financial, operational and human resource controls are in place and properly maintained.
- Ensure employee housing provides a safe and secure environment
- Oversee the hiring, training and development of associates
- Ensure that high levels of guest service are met
- Define, recommend and implement short and long term objectives and goals.
- Develop, present and accomplish annual plan as approved
- Establish relationships with community and trade organizations to enhance business operations
- Ensure compliance with Company GreenPath initiatives as well as GuestPath and audit requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Five to ten years experience in hospitality/hotel management, including experience and technical expertise in food service and sales.
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is required
- Managing facilities in a remote location with employee housing preferred.
- Strong organization, communication, analytical and team-building skills.
Delaware North Companies - 21 months ago