ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com , or www.twitter.com/aramarknews .
ARAMARK Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
ARAMARK Healthcare is searching for a General Manager with Food Service experience for an opportunity in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The GM is responsible for ARAMARK Healthcare and client financial accountability, and compliance with the standards established by ARAMARK Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads departments of all services managed. Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with other departments to provide a unified experience for patients, residents, visitors, and employees. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against ARAMARK Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, completing assessments and developing necessary action plans to provide optimal managed services and drive patient and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance to all safety and sanitation standards.
- Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization, including conducting rounding. Identifies ARAMARK service expansion opportunities.
- Provides overall direction for all Managers, Supervisors and front line employees, ensuring employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource related policies and standards, including conducting applicable rounding.
- Develops operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for components accounting functions.
- Ensure consistent application to all ARAMARK Healthcare operating systems.
- Ensures compliance with all contract obligations.
- Responsible for all department budgets, reporting weekly and monthly financial information.
- Owns relationship and communication with C-Suite, and identifies and evaluates key partnerships.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Requires a minimum of 6+years progressive management experience managing a complex business with $5+Million financial and operational responsibility for that business, multi-site OR multi-departmental.
- Food Service experience in a large complex site preferred.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of the client and support staff.
- Ability to write business letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client, and ARAMARK information.
ARAMARK - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Today is a Brand New Day
Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, always...