American Residential Services has an immediate opportunity for the position of General Manager. We offer a competitive compensation package and a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life and long-term disability insurance.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall success and management of our residential HVAC San Diego service center. Our General Managers plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and control service center activities and functions to achieve revenue goals and objectives while maintaining a strong customer focus, leveraging the brand, and driving employee engagement in a rapidly changing and highly competitive business environment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS)
- Assuming full operational responsibility for profit and loss related activities.
- Establishing a team culture among service center personnel and holding the team to a high standard of customer satisfaction.
- Consistently administering company policies and procedures throughout the service center.
- Monitoring and maintaining job satisfaction among personnel by completing annual performance evaluations and salary reviews in a thorough and timely manner.
- Preparing business forecasts, budgets, and other reports in addition to monitoring the timely flow of paperwork necessary to the service center.
- Recruiting, selecting, and training all service center employees.
- Financial analysis to identify trends and prospective problem areas and taking immediate action based on findings.
- Optimizing the service center to provide service, complete tasks, and otherwise perform in an efficient manner.
- Developing new programs and executing established plans to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of competitors, developing innovations to maintain market lead, sharing best practices across organization.
- Partnering with local management and personnel to maintain best practices for safety and sales-generation in the field.
- Service center managers should spend at least 5% of their time in the field to gain a “bottom-up” perspective.
- Manage three or more front line managers indirectly supervise a field workforce of sales and service teams for both residential and commercial customers.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 10 years leading teams servicing Business to Consumer & B2B customer markets
- Minimum of 8 years of experience successfully leading a fast-paced service organization and a proven track record of growing a business.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 4 to 6 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding revenue objectives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – "United by Exceptional Service" AA EOE M/F DV/ARS/RESCUE ROOTER-
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills. (Oral and written)
- Ability to self-start and motivate a group of individuals to act as team towards a common goal.
- Analyze cost and forecast data to ensure alignment with the Division’s goals and objectives.
- Build a team culture by recruiting, motivating and training the staff.
- Review and promote the maintenance of a safe, accident free and healthy work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with multi-tasking alongside time management skills and the ability to prioritize and plan.
- Excellent analytical skills, financial acumen, and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency. (Microsoft preferred)
American Residential Services LLC - 23 months ago