Please note: Your application to this job will be a direct email to an Ameriprise recruiter. When you apply, simply submitting an email address does not mean you've applied. Please, ensure you complete the entire application process to be considered a candidate. If you are having difficulty applying for this job or you're leveraging a free email account (ie: gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Manager of Wealth Management and Financial Planning firm. The ideal person for this role seeks a VERY fast paced environment, and a high level of client interaction in a successful, established, growth-oriented practice. If the candidate does not have a strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, this role will not be a fit.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Johnson, Scannell, and Associates provides comprehensive financial advice to families and businesses at a personal level and does so from a place of objectivity and independence. Many people are tired of supporting the big bail out banks and brokerage houses, while getting pushed into investment and insurance products that aren’t appropriate, and are ready for an objective, independent look at their financial picture. This is where JSA comes in. Through comprehensive, independent, fee-based financial planning and wealth management we give our clients access to a team of specialists in areas such as estate and tax planning, investments, real estate, trusts, and charitable giving. Our advice comes from a place of:
Understanding : Every strategy and conversation is rooted in a deep and thorough understanding of our client’s needs.
Independence : Our firm is 100% independent from the big bail out banks, so the advice our clients get will be based on their family’s financial plan; not based on what makes the most sense for a big bank or brokerage house.
Customization : Many of our clients come to us after having become tired of feeling like their advisor has a shopping cart of products and they are simply being fit into the cookie cutter. We come to the table with no preconceived notions of what a family needs; we start by discussing their priorities, objectives, and plans and together, we work to develop a strategy designed to align their finances with their personal objectives.
COMMUNITY, AWARDS, RECOGNITION: Over the past 15 years JSA has grown to serve clients in 28 states and is currently the 11th largest wealth management firm in the state of WA, according to Barron’s. JSA has received awards and recognition from several national and local groups and publications including Barron’s, INC 500/5000, Puget Sound Business Journal, Seattle Met Magazine, and Seattle Magazine.
- Professional Integrity : Consistency of actions, principles, and expectations. Openness and honesty are the foundations of our business; we strive to maintain high ethical standards as reflected in everything we do.
- Client Satisfaction : Our client families are our number 1 priority and we go to great lengths to ensure they receive a prompt and courteous response to every inquiry while receiving straightforward advice through frequent reviews.
- Objectivity : Truthfulness, sincerity, and frankness in advice and communication that is not driven by products, but instead by the best interests of our clients and their financial plans.
- Goal Achievement : Our planning process doesn’t end with the creation and implementation of the plan; rather that is just the beginning. We are focused on setting clear goals and consistently tracking towards them, while managing the impacts of the global economy, markets, tax laws, legal changes, and life changes.
- Accountability : We strive for 100% acknowledgment of responsibility and the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.
- Excellence : We are committed to quality that surpasses ordinary standards.
- Empathy : We focus on the ability to recognize and share feelings that are being experienced by our clients, and help them apply appropriate planning strategies.
- Community Involvement : We invest in our community because we understand the symbiotic relationship between its’ success and ours.
MISSION STATEMENT : To be profoundly impactful in the lives of our clients, team members, and community.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: The GM will be on the core executive leadership team, responsible for strategizing on how to take the company to the next level. They will report directly to the CEO and specifically will be responsible for:
1. Owning overall growth strategies in order to meet business objectives.
a. Regularly stay in front of and service our key partners, who include CPAs, attorneys, business brokers, and lenders.
b. Source and court M&A opportunities.
c. Maintain timely, accurate, and transparent communications of key sales metrics to CEO and other company executives.
d. Provide competitive insight and market feedback on current or planned services.
2. Leadership of inside sales and account teams.
a. Ensure a “Best Places to Work” award-winning culture.
b. Lead and mentor team of financial advisors and support staff.
c. Develop and implement key metrics for accountability of individual team members and team as a whole. Implement action plans where necessary.
d. Create and oversee hiring, performance reviews, and incentive compensation strategies to motivate team to meet their targets.
e. Lead team meetings.
3. Serve as overall company spokesperson.
a. Be available to speak and represent company as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: candidates for this role must exhibit a history of the following:
1. Leadership and Team Development: a demonstrated ability to lead a team, develop talent, maintain a positive culture, and get results. History of building and sustaining a culture that is results oriented, proactive, passionate, and that has both accountability and a sense of humor. Proven ability to develop the sales engine of repeatable processes, systems, and relevant business metrics leading to reliable projections and results.
2. Strong Entrepreneurial Capabilities: a proven ability to adapt and evolve sales methods in a rapidly growing company and developing market space.
3. Management: a demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and direct reports. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and handle stress.
4. Strategic Planning: a proven ability to think ahead and plan over a multi-year business plan.
5. A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people.
6. A burning desire to succeed.
It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products,...