If you have the right combination of management savvy and sales leadership skills, this position offers you the opportunity to assume direction of a stable and profitable operation in a market that includes as-yet-untapped potential.
More About Your Role
You will report to our Regional Manager and oversee a team that includes a Service Center Manager, Account Managers, Customer Sales and Service (inside sales) Representatives, and Shipping & Receiving Associates.
- Responsible for directing, planning and managing overall service center activities including, asset management, profitability and growth, inside and outside sales, programs and activities related to product promotions, office and warehouse functions, and customer service. Direct accountability for service center profit/loss.
- Direct and manage service center sales activities including, developing sales objectives and strategies; identifying and evaluating new customers, market conditions and competitive pressures. Identify opportunities and make recommendations to management to maximize sales, increase margins and expand market share.
- Manage and assist in developing sales expertise and knowledge of product lines. Ensure customer relations are maintained at a high level, including sales calls and negotiations as necessary. Work in conjunction with sales force to develop and execute sales and business strategies. Determine sales force account assignments, monitor and review sales performance, including goals achievement, margins, customer complaints and territory management. Assume direct responsibility for accounts as required by business conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Keys to Success
To excel in this role, you will have the qualities of a successful sales professional, including an outgoing personality, a commitment to customer service, and persistent follow up and closing skills. In addition, in order to be an outstanding General Manager, you will:
- Practice a leadership style based on collaboration and motivation; a heavy-handed style won't work in our culture. You'll need to establish relationships based on trust and encourage an open environment. We also like to have fun achieving our goals together!
- Employ excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including being a good listener and establishing a strong sense of trust.
- Promote high morale in the SC by modeling, for your people, enthusiasm for your work and a determination to achieve results.
- Bring a degree of mechanical aptitude in order to maximize your product knowledge and help guide customers to solutions.
- Keep an eye on the numbers, but don't get caught up in "paralysis by analysis
- 1 year of customer service
- 2 to 5 years of sales experience.
- Proven success in managing operations and leading a sales team to strong performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Solid computer skills.
- High School Diploma
- Experience with bearings and power transmission sales
Applied Industrial Technologies
- 2 years ago - save job