About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently searching for an experienced and dynamic General Manager to lead the team at our Courtyard by Marriott Mission Valley property. Don't be fooled by the name, this property boasts 317 guest rooms and more than 7,000 square feet of meeting space. You can learn more about this special hotel by navigating to http://www.courtyardsd.com/.
As a General Manager, you’ll be responsible for effectively leading and managing all aspects of the hotel and for delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on driving sales and profitability, guest and associate satisfaction and ensuring that brand standards are met.
Key responsibilities of a General Manager include:
• Functioning as the primary strategic leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and sales and revenue generation
• Analyzing business results and working with the leadership team to develop effective strategies to address needs. Making key decisions and overseeing execution, removing obstacles to success and ensuring appropriate resources are available to achieve business results.
• Ensuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations; communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary
• Driving the sales culture in the hotel through active involvement in the sales process, including encouraging the leadership team to develop effective revenue management strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
• Preparing an annual budget and business plan in collaboration with appropriate department heads to ensure the smooth operations of the hotel, set financial goals and plan expenses
• Monitoring actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments
• Creating an environment in which all associates have the ability to reach their full potential
• Ensuring that all associate and business decisions are in line with The Evolution Hospitality Mission, Values and Guiding Principles
The minimum qualifications for the General Manager position are:
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years experience as a GM in a full service hotel preferred; GM experience with the Branded Hotel is a plus
• Proven track record in delivering financial results
• Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment
• Ability to inspire associates and to create a culture of care and accountability
• Proven track record of positive associate satisfaction scores
• Commitment to exceptional guest service
• Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis
• Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Evolution Hospitality - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard