Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country’s best markets. Built upon foundations of opportunity, we take a disciplined approach to every aspect of commercial retail real estate. Whether it's redevelopment, property management, or acquisitions, we make sound, strategic decisions based on solid demographics, broad experience, and stable resources. This has led to a high quality portfolio of assets. We turn commercial real estate into exciting destination retail centers that suit their exceptional locations.
Federal Realty’s portfolio is located in strategically selected metropolitan markets primarily in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States, California and Florida. Federal Realty has paid quarterly dividends to its shareholders continuously since its founding in 1962, and has increased its dividend rate for 45 consecutive years, the longest record in the REIT industry. Federal Realty is an S&P MidCap 400 company and its shares are traded on the NYSE under the symbol FRT.
We are currently sourcing for an experienced General Manager and Marketing professional for our Pike and Rose project in Rockville, MD.
Summary: Overall responsibility of maintaining the physical integrity of the property, strengthening the strategic competitive position of the assigned property in the market, achieving the budgeted financial goals and creating an environment which enhances customer satisfaction drives tenant sales and positions the property for future growth.
o Oversee and lead the operations team and vendors to provide best in class property management standards designed to enhance the consumer experience and exceed its expectations
- Creating and executing the strategic business plan for Pike & Rose designed to achieve the development investment objectives, maximize the long-term value of the property and participate in adjustments to the plan based on market factors.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with, and understanding the business, of all of our merchants and restaurants by gathering and analyzing information from such to maximize the sales productivity of the property.
- Increasing the velocity, volume and quality (e.g. matching consumers with merchants and driving sales) of consumer traffic to the property. This includes enhancing the consumer experience and promoting repeat traffic.
- Overall P&L and property responsibility for Pike & Rose which include but are not limited to
o Develop and adhere to an annual operating budget
o Maximize property cash flow by managing CAM and operating costs, identifying and implementing cost saving programs and, where appropriate, identifying and executing value added opportunities
Summary of Marketing Responsibilities: Develop and implement strategic marketing plans for assigned portfolio that increase sales and traffic to the properties, strengthen their competitive position within the market and increase their visibility within the industry.
- Coordinate and work effectively with other departments including leasing, tenant coordination, and development as well as other third party managers (residential, parking, office, etc.) to drive revenue and improve operations.
- Manage the day to day operations of the property including security, janitorial, landscaping, and engineering.
- Establishing relationships with the local community (residents, community groups, politicians, businesses, etc.) to advance the strategic plan and develop sources of ancillary revenue.
- Build and nurture relationships with merchants to ensure they are operating at a level consistent with Class A retail and mixed-use property standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to support property goals and objectives including leasing efforts, sales goals, special events, sponsorship opportunities, tenant relations, public relations, branding, social media, tourism, etc.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the marketing support person and team in the development and implementation of marketing plans for assigned portfolio.
- Manage the property marketing budgets to track monthly expenses and variances.
- Develop and execute merchant communication plans to include bi-monthly newsletters, quarterly merchant meetings, communication vehicles between management and retailers, etc.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key community organizations, local civic associations, media representatives, etc.
- Complete quarterly and monthly reports including sales analysis, post-event evaluations and quarterly public relations re-caps.
- Develop and execute public relations plans and coordinate all public relations strategy and responses.
- Continually evaluate marketing plans and budgets to ensure goals and objectives are consistently being met at the highest level.
- Work closely with FRIT marketing team members to identify and create shared efficiencies and recognize opportunities to leverage programs and resources.
- Negotiate and manage third party vendor contracts.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- 10+ years of shopping center management and marketing experience including mixed-use projects, grocery anchored shopping centers and high-end retail projects
- BS in Business, Marketing or Real Estate
- CSM/CMD preferred
- Proven leadership and management skills within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external team members and contacts
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have strong strategic thinking and analysis skills
- Desire and ability to lead
- Able to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to management, officials and the public.
Federal Realty Investment Trust - 17 months ago
In 2012, Federal Realty celebrated 50 years of being a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail...