Frontier Communications Corporation (NYSE: FTR) offers voice, High-Speed Internet, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, data security solutions, bundled offerings, specialized bundles for small businesses and home offices, and advanced business communications Access Solutions for medium and large businesses in 27 states through more than 14,000 employees. We are a Fortune 500 company, included in the S&P 500 and the largest provider of communications services to rural America. Find out more about our company, product offerings and financial results at www.frontier.com and view our exciting career opportunities at www.frontier.com/careers .
A Frontier General Manager brings life to our Leadership Model focusing on Operations Proficiency, Employee Relations, Community Relations, Competition, and Customer Ownership. From fostering innovation and working cross-functionally to driving performance and delivering results through customer contact and community involvement. This position has direct P&L responsibility and will represent the company within a designated geographic area to promote a positive image by participating in local community events. This position will also provide leadership to supervisory staff and a workforce of field technicians that install and maintain the following: residential and business lines, OSP cable facilities, multi-line CPE equipment, hi-cap access services, broadband services, central office/transmission equipment and digital loop carrier equipment. The individual will successfully drive change through an established, unionized workforce to create a customer focused, competitive workforce. This position also plays a key role with sales, marketing and regulatory organizations in evaluating new business opportunities to determine the appropriate network support costs and timeframes associated with new revenue streams.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ability to develop and execute tactical sales & marketing strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of the business & directly responsible for P&L
in assigned market
- Ability to clearly set, communicate and deliver against goals that drive results
- Ability to drive a sales culture
- Collaborate with regional staff & provide feedback to improve processes and
2. Competitive Marketplace:
- Development and execution of market distribution plans
- Has thorough understanding of the local competition (products, promotions,
business/sales & marketing strategies) via media outlets, community
involvement & infiltration.
- Engages in marketing initiatives to promote the Company’s products and services
(i.e., Frontier Take the Lead and marketing events)
4. Community Relations:
- Holds team accountable to achieving results through coaching and performance
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse workforce
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to staff to ensure employee
development, engagement and business knowledge
- Leverages all employee communication vehicles and opportunities
(weekly/monthly/quarterly/one-on-ones) to obtain feedback on departmental
goals, gains input on action plans and modifies direction as necessary to
engage and to hold employees accountable to overall business results
- Utilizes and leverages existing employee recognition programs to reward key
contributions and positively impact employee morale
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure firm, fair and consistent application of
HR practices/policies and labor agreements
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and
responding to employee feedback, issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Positively represents the Company and communicates Company vision and
direction through active engagement and involvement in the community
- Leverages community relationships to retain business & identify future business
- Ensures continuous education and awareness of community issues/developments
via involvement in local market community boards and civic organizations
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships with key politicians and local community
decisions makers via community involvement.
- Serve as point person of Frontier to the community, local media and press
5. Customer Ownership:
- Supports employees that directly interface with the customers by removing
barriers, soliciting process improvement suggestions and streamlining the work
- Holds employees and other departments accountable to meet customer
- Responds to issues identified on Customer Surveys, works with teams to ensure
action plans are developed and ensures follow-up on customer issue resolution
identified in action plans
Environmental Factors/Physical Requirements:
- 7 to 10 years of demonstrated business unit or general management experience
in a communications or related field
- Excellent Problem Solving skills and tenacity
- Proven success in managing all aspects of a business operation or market with
P&L responsibility and through strong strategic orientation
- Solid knowledge of the designated local market with strong community
connections is preferred.
- Strong sales and marketing experience required in a recurring revenue/subscription based business or related
- Demonstrated leadership through change management
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and various community
leaders to establish long term relationships
- Must possess strong leadership & interpersonal skills along with a strong work
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and able to
communicate with all levels of the organization and different audiences – field
technicians, direct reports, senior management, customers, politicians.
- Strong public presentation skills
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must be available in emergency situations as needed
- Some travel required and may require driving for long periods of time to remote
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use computer keyboard and monitor
- BA/BS in Operations Management or Business Administration preferred
- Valid drivers license
Frontier Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Frontier does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
Frontier Communications is one of the nation’s largest providers of communication services focused on rural America. We take pride in our...