The General Manager (GM) leads the store team by creating an exceptional "Customer First" culture and driving sales by inspiring, developing and providing vision. The GM is responsible for setting realistic and achievable goals in alignment with company goals while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness, meeting deadlines, continually striving to increase revenue and profitability while working within the stores approved budget. The GM will also manage all facets of the store by engaging in the sale, service and solutions of a full product line of Golf and Tennis and lead in sales, profitability, merchandising, guest service, human resources and all operational functions.
- Drive and support Golfsmith's core values throughout the Organization
- Oversee and ensure each customer receives exceptional "Customer" service, the store permeates a guest friendly environment, maintaining, solid product knowledge and all other components of the "S.E.L.L." program.
- Foster an open and positive team environment to receive and disseminate direction, ideas and changes to all store levels and appropriate business partners.
- Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Control shrink, expenses, and payroll.
- Ensure sales floor is adequately stocked, signed, and merchandised to brand presentation.
- Comparison shop, reporting results to Regional and management team to better support and promote "Golfsmith's Differences".
- Review and evaluate the store needs by setting specific goals and objectives to increase performance and to achieve business results by managing daily tasks and prioritizing efficiently and appropriately.
- Encourage, drive and support initiatives, innovation and creativity, capitalizing on opportunities to support operational goals and strategies.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management, meetings, store walk-throughs and audits.
- Continually evaluate and react to performance issues while proactively hiring, developing and retaining the store's team in a timely manner as it aligns with company goals and objectives.
- Train and develop store team in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training.
- Inspire exceptional performance by providing regular, timely and continued performance feedback through continued coaching and by fostering and supporting the succession planning process through development plans and evaluation process.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Corporate office or Regional Manager.
- Maintain a positive, customer-centric attitude by listening, understanding and responding to customer needs while being committed to the Customer First philosophy.
- Effectively manage, direct and lead all levels of employees in the store.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all associates and guests.
- Thorough knowledge of processing information and merchandise via a computer and POS register system.
- Have a working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, inventory, Internet and order processing systems.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret business reports, correspondence and procedures effectively while also accurately presenting information and responding to questions; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages.
- Express ideas, thoughts and direction utilizing appropriate communication methods by listening, soliciting and encouraging two-way communication and feedback.
- Freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching and kneeling and lifting and/or moving up to 50 (fifty) to 100 (one hundred) pounds at any given time.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store; ability to travel as needed (i.e., corporate or regional company meetings).
- Work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- two to four years of related experience
Golfsmith International Inc. - 5 months ago