A great opportunity to join the HP Hotel Management family. HP Hotel Management is a growing national hotel development and management company. We are seeking a General Manager for the Hilton Garden Inn Lakeshore Drive in Birmingham, AL.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the hotel with an emphasis on sales, development of people and quality assurance.
- Delivers results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on business revenues, guest and associate satisfaction and effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Maintains a quality product.
- Ensures exceptional guest/employee relations.
- Maximizes room revenues by anticipating and planning for market shifts; develops and monitors strategic marketing prospects; develops, implements and monitors annual business and marketing plans and participates in appropriate national marketing efforts.
- Develops and maintains rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the local community.
- Oversees the security function to ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets. Establish and maintain a proactive human resources function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with policies and procedures and labor regulations.
- Monitors the performance of financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the corporation.
- Develops the annual budget and makes recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the company and brand loyalty.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent hotel and management experience.
- Hilton General Manager experience required.
- A proven track record of meeting budgets, an understanding of P&L statements, budgets, and cost/inventory control.
- Yield management experience preferred and a successful sales background is a plus.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and PC (Windows-based software) skills will be required.
- If you are service oriented, team focused, and have the abilities we are looking for, we want to talk to you!
- Bi-lingual ability is a plus.
- Monthly performance based incentives.