Windsor Capital Group, Inc. is a successful management company looking to secure a motivated individual to direct the management of the hotel and sales efforts for the new HOMEWOOD SUITES HOTEL - SPRINGFIELD, VA. The hotel is scheduled to open in late fall 2012.
The Homewood Suites is a 165 all suite hotel with approximately 700 square of event space. Financially the hotel is projected to perform with revenues exceeding $9m.
The ideal General Manager will be "hands on" and have the vision for this hotel to achieve its full potential and have the ability to motivate the hotel staff to provide professional, superior customer service to our guests during the entirety of their visit.
The General Manager is responsible for managing the overall operation of the hotel including but not limited to the following key areas:
- Maximize revenues, profits and market share.
- Adhere to Homewood Suites quality brand standards, programs and initiatives in regards to both product and service requirements to ensure Overall Guest Satisfaction.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the hotel including cleanliness and condition of the physical asset to provide a quality product and excellent value to our guests.
- Operate in compliance with Federal & State and local laws as well as company standard operating procedures. Properly advise staff of these policies & procedures.
Previous work experience to include:
Essential Skill Set:
- Hotel opening experience in the role of General Manager.
- Minimum of 3+ years General Manager experience.
- Previous brand experience to include- Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites or similar hotel product.
- Experience in all aspects of hotel operations including Sales and Revenue Management, Rooms and Food & Beverage operations, Accounting and Human Resources.
- Homewood Suites GM Leader & and "VAST1 Sales" certification is a plus!
Computer Experience Preferred:
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Financial knowledge to include revenue maximization, cost optimization, flex/flow through strategies and EBITDA attainment.
- Ability to create the annual hotel budget and consistently analyzes hotel's performance against forecast and implements the necessary adjustments to adapt to existing market conditions.
- Hands on management style that stresses teamwork and "can do" spirit.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to mentor, train and develop a team oriented organization.
- Promotes open communications, to create and maintain a positive work environment.
- The ability to address and correct all employee and guest issues as necessary in an appropriate and fair manner.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to proactively balance the needs and meet the expectations of our guests, employees, the ownership and the management company.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- OnQ, M3 and Ultimate Software
- Internet savvy.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Attend off site meetings/events as necessary.
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays as appropriate to business level.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and adhere to established deadlines.
- Limited relocation reimbursement.
- Only qualified candidates with appropriate hotel experience will be considered.
Work Permit Needed?
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work will not be considered.
Med, Den, Vis, Life, Vol Life, LTD, Vol STD, PTO, Sick, 401k
WCG Hotels - 10 months ago