The General Manager provides management, leadership and oversight to Research and Planning, Group Operations, Program Accounting and Event Registration in the Northwest Office. The General Manager oversees all operational and financial areas of ITA Group’s travel related businesses in the Northwest Office to ensure goals established by senior management are achieved.
Direct reports for this position are:
Director – Research and Planning
Manager – Operations
Special Projects Manager
ACCOUNTABITILES & PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
ongoing assessment of departmental management’s effectiveness in achieving defined goals and objectives
- Work with Senior Vice President - Event Management to develop and implement an annual business plan that provides clear direction for business unit personnel in the achievement of established goals.
- Work with Senior Vice President - Event Management to establish an annual Northwest Office operating budget, which includes the expenditures necessary to support staff in the delivery of outstanding customer service while achieving the company’s desired return on investment levels.
- Responsible to oversee program level budgeting to ensure targeted profitability is balanced with client satisfaction.
- Facilitate the Northwest Office leadership team in ongoing strategic planning, budgeting and assessment of company policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with home office Group Event Management (GEM) managers to find efficiencies, best practices and increased productivity.
- Create a succession plan by identifying and continually developing an individual who could assume the responsibilities of General Manager Northwest Office as well as a succession plan for each direct report management position.
- Maintain departmental training programs and measure their effectiveness in preparing staff to perform job responsibilities, achieve job satisfaction and grow within the company.
- Develop and nurture supplier partner relationships through corporate best practices focused on integrity, honesty and meeting the customers’ needs.
- Continually assess product acceptance in the marketplace and make decisions and adjustments that ensure value based on the changing needs and demands of our customers.
- Provide oversight of product development, product coordination and on-site delivery through:
review of geopolitical conditions to provide customers with situational awareness and intelligence; monitor to help prepare for uncertainties and take action for participant safety and financial security both domestically and internationally
ongoing assessment of the management of customer programs, seeking mid-program enhancements as well as lessons learned to be applied to future programs
ensuring on-site travel direction are provided the resources to oversee the delivery of travel/event management programs that surpass customer expectations
- Travel on site inspections and program operations on an as needed basis and to keep in touch with client and team member needs.
- Visit current customers and potential new customers to ensure ITA Group’s Northwest Office is providing quality products, services, value and the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Visit West Des Moines corporate headquarters on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business with an emphasis on marketing and/or communications.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience within the industry.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, promoting teamwork, company culture and employee satisfaction; familiarity with motivational techniques.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Previous management experience with problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities effectively to achieve desired results.
- Strong understanding of the travel industry in order to direct the efforts of the Northwest Office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to salary and personnel issues.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel as needed for sales presentations, program operations or to corporate headquarters.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner; customer service experience in a service-related industry preferred.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects or meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding salary and personnel issues.
ITAGroup - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard