THE MERIT COMPANIES
Job Title: General Manager - Lincoln Crossing
Department: Community Management
Reports to: Tony Woltman
Prepared by: Tony Woltman
Prepared date: 02/21/2012
The General Manager must be a believer in and be an active supporter of the community vision and philosophies and Merit’s commitment to client, staff and community. As a result the General Managers job performance is to be responsible for community harmony; organizational progress, employee retention, and the advancement of the Association in terms of its community values and quality of life.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS are as follows. Other requirements may be assigned.
• Must be literate and articulate in written form in order to prepare correspondence.
• Must be able to handle pressure related to the job.
• Provide leadership and direction in the development of short-term and long-range plans. Develop recommendations for goals and action plans to achieve Community objectives.
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow; studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• On-site visibility.
• Must work effectively and professionally with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectable identifier, and; respecting in the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
• Is committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at seminars, industry programs, either as an attendee or as a guest speaker.
• Displays strong written skills, so as to be able to have appropriate documentation as directed to create particularly in the area of resident community and community values.
• Directly interact with the association committees and the designated Board of Directors within the Association governance model for the purpose of advisement and ultimate implementation of Board directives.
• Display a working knowledge of the governing documents for the purposes of initiating additional opportunities within the appropriate legal structure and causing implementation for the good of the community.
• Possess budgetary knowledge and control for the purpose(s) of executing programs within the Community.
• Display a community posture that well represents the vision of the association from inception.
• Be well spoken so as to instill confidence in the homeowners that reside within the community as well as the public that may interact through designated programs.
• Support community initiatives with City of Lincoln and interact successfully with City staff and consultants as needed.
Supervise multiple employees assigned to given corporation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Is committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at industry programs and industry and educational opportunities that enhance interpersonal skills.
• Display strong written skills and publish appropriate documentation as directed to create the legacy for the corporation; particularly in the area of operations, and relationship management.
• Directly interact with the staff and the designated board(s) of directors within the governance model for the purpose of advisement and ultimate implementation of Board directives.
• Possess budgetary knowledge and control for the purpose(s) of executing programs within the community as well as related activities that may be cost-shared for the benefit of the community.
• Display a community posture that positively represents the vision of the corporation.
• Be well spoken and knowledgeable about the community so as to instill confidence in the homeowners that reside within the community as well as the public that may interact through designated programs.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word and Excel, as well as established software programs of Merit.
• Has experience in community management and has been responsible for a staff of no less than three individuals.
• Technologically oriented.
• Attend and participate in training programs as requested.
• Must be goal minded and possess a self-starting drive to get the job done, primarily through other people.
• Ability to listen to others.
• Possess conflict resolution skills.
• Protect the confidential nature of the work as appropriate.
• A proven record of successful budgetary and personnel management including some general management or chief executive responsibility in a labor intensive service-oriented organization.
• Preference for construction management experience
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively. Ability to make decisions and solve problems creatively.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Drivers License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to lift 25lbs.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
• Ability to walk slope and/or flat association areas and visually review landscape, building areas, recreation facilities, parks, etc. to ensure proper maintenance.
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-time, exempt position. There will be occasions when it is necessary to work various evenings, weekends. Consistent and regular attendance required.
I acknowledge that I have read this document and that it was discussed with me today. I understand the contents and acknowledge that I received a copy.
Print name Signature Date
Print name Signature Date
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 18 months ago