The General Manager is responsible for the overall operation and profitability of the resort through adherence to brand standards and effective leadership of all departments.
The General Manager:
- Assigns duties to department heads and provides resources for each department to achieve the operations goals.
- Utilizes training resources and standard operating procedures to effectively lead the resort.
- Reviews department head/managers performances and conducts disciplinary actions as necessary.
- To the extent that issues cannot be handled by the department heads/managers, receives and resolves, or assist in resolving, guest complaints, and employee issues.
- Inspects resort for cleanliness and appearance and ensures that below standard items are promptly addressed.
- Prepares annual budgets consistent with the expectations set forth by the board of directors and Regional Director of Resort Operations.
- Reviews monthly financial statements and makes necessary operational changes to adhere to budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares and submits all required paperwork timely and accurately.
The General Manager may also:
- Provide management for any department in the absence of the department head/manager
- Join local industry affiliated organizations that may be beneficial to the property or the company as a whole.
- Perform any other duties that may be required to ensure proper property operations or budget adherence.
- Review purchases made at the resort to ensure SOP adherence and budgetary guidelines are being followed.
This position requires at least a High School diploma or GED. Special consideration will be given to those individuals with an industry related degree.
This position will require at least two years management experience in hotel/resort operations at a property of similar size and/or quality.
Festiva's Core Competencies
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Customer oriented: Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
Enthusiastic: Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Ethical : Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Interpersonal: Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Responsible: Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
Safety awareness: Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Knowledge & Skills
Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Autonomy: Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Initiative: Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
Leadership: Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
Reliability: The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
None at this time
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs. or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
The General Manager works in an office setting with a schedule consistent with the business demands of the resort. This could include nights, weekends, and some holidays. The job requires the consistent inspection of the resort and its contents