The General Manager is responsible for the overall operation and profitability of the resort through adherence to brand standards and effective leadership of all departments.
The General Manager:
- Assigns duties to department heads and provides resources for each department to achieve the operations goals.
- Utilizes training resources and standard operating procedures to effectively lead the resort.
- Reviews department head/managers performances and conducts disciplinary actions as necessary.
- To the extent that issues cannot be handled by the department heads/managers, receives and resolves, or assist in resolving, guest complaints, and employee issues.
- Inspects resort for cleanliness and appearance and ensures that below standard items are promptly addressed.
- Prepares annual budgets consistent with the expectations set forth by the board of directors and Regional Director of Resort Operations.
- Reviews monthly financial statements and makes necessary operational changes to adhere to budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares and submits all required paperwork timely and accurately.
The General Manager may also:
- Provide management for any department in the absence of the department head/manager
- Join local industry affiliated organizations that may be beneficial to the property or the company as a whole.
- Perform any other duties that may be required to ensure proper property operations or budget adherence.
- Review purchases made at the resort to ensure SOP adherence and budgetary guidelines are being followed.
This position requires at least a High School diploma or GED. Special consideration will be given to those individuals with an industry related degree.
This position will require at least two years management experience in hotel/resort operations at a property of similar size and/or quality.
Festiva's Core Competencies
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Customer oriented: Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
Enthusiastic: Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Ethical : Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Interpersonal: Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Responsible: Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
Safety awareness: Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Knowledge & Skills
Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Autonomy: Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Initiative: Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
Leadership: Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
Reliability: The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
None at this time
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs. or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
The General Manager works in an office setting with a schedule consistent with the business demands of the resort. This could include nights, weekends, and some holidays. The job requires the consistent inspection of the resort and its contents
Patton Hospitality Management - 11 months ago