Exciting opportunity for a dynamic General Manager!
The Shops at Willow Bend is located in the bull's eye of one of the nation's most affluent and fastest growing suburban markets. The Shops at Willow Bend offers North Dallas customers a unique blend of Texas-style ambience and world-class shopping.
The General Manager directs, coordinates and oversees all functions related to the daily operations of a super-regional shopping center that include security, facilities management, accounting, marketing, local revenue growth, customer service, crisis management and housekeeping. Additionally the General Manager serves as a primary contact for tenants, customers, external stakeholders and media outlets, as well as a leader within the local business community.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Talent Management: Hire, train, coach and develop a management team that drives results through operational excellence.
- Expense Management: Oversee the development and execution of all expense and revenue budgets, production of quarterly forecasts and monthly expense variance review, and ensure compliance with all company expense controls. Drive team to develop methods to reduce operating expenses.
- Facilities Management: Ensure facilities programs and practices are implemented and administered consistent with Taubman standards and that of a first class super-regional mall. Produce a 10 year capital spending plan that balances the building’s financial objectives with building infrastructure needs. Ensure contractors are secured at the lowest price possible and are held accountable for delivering all contracted commitments.
- Security/Emergency Management: Oversee all property security functions to ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times for customers, tenants and employees. In conjunction with the Security Director, develop plans that minimize incidents or reverse any negative trends. Ensure the property is properly prepared for emergencies through leadership of the Emergency Preparedness Committee and implementation of effective drills.
- Revenue Generation: Drive local revenue generation by ensuring local management team is actively soliciting sponsorship deals, maximizing short term leasing opportunities and optimizing other income streams (e.g., parking, temporary storage, vending, etc.).
- External Communications: Serve as the center’s primary spokesperson with media outlets, tenants, customers and local officials. Leverage and optimize external relationships for the benefit of the center.
- Administration: Serve as a role model of the company values. Ensure that all team members’ actions are consistent with all policies, procedures, audit, and record retention standards.
- Crisis Management: Lead local efforts in managing all local crisis situations, including establishing a remediation plan consistent with Company policies and procedures, engaging the right authorities and resources and communicating plans and updates to the corporate office.
- Direct responsibility for the overall results and performance of the property.
- Provides leadership to all staff at the center that drives a team to accomplish their goal.
- High level decision making, often serving as the final word on an issue or a crisis situation at the center level.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or similar field is required or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to multi task across shifting priorities, at times driven by external elements that may be difficult to control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong project management skills
- General understanding of large scale building operations
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate deals or contracts
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and knowledge of a corporate email system
MBA is preferred
Taubman Online - 12 months ago