A small, upscale, women's retail chain is looking to hire a District/Area Sales Manager to assist in the growth and development of our company and its execution of the corporate vision on the store level.|
We are looking for a strong leader that can mentor and motivate a very good sales staff and take them to the next level. Must have a hands- on management style, a positive mental attitude and a strong work ethic.
The top priority is to implement our sales training program which is built on exceptional customer service and lead by example. Must have excellent computer skills and be numbers oriented with a focus on sales goals, improving gross profit, and analyzing sales and performance data.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of dedicated professionals in different areas to plan and execute the goals and vision of the company.
- Exceptional hands on training and development of sales skills with the store manager and store associates. You will work with customer selling tools (client books, seasonal merchandising books, etc).
- Lead by example, customer service benchmarking.
- Work with the Vice president of Merchandising in recognizing trends, inventory deficiencies, etc. and relay info to the store level
- Work with the stores on visual merchandising skills
- Instrumental in developing operational skills and managing schedules, payroll and controllable expenses.
- In store and special events are important parts of our business. Work with Marketing Manager and must be involved in the planning and attendance of these events.
- Recruit, hire and train retail management and sales associates
- Basic understanding of computer programs such as Excel and MS Word are required, as well as previous experience working with Retail Pro software and/or other similar retail Point of Sale software programs.
- Work with store managers and associates on improving KPI metrics and hold them accountable.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities
- Payroll %
- Weekly Workload Planner
Candidate must have the ability to adapt and work in a smaller entrepreneurial company.
Normal schedule would include two Saturdays a month and a minimum of 45 hour work week with some 6 day weeks required in key times of the year.
Minimum of 5 years of dynamic retail leadership experience in a high volume, customer and employee focused environment. Fashion and Multi unit experience preferred.
Ability to relate to an upscale customer demographic offering the kind of brand experience that is beyond compare
Oustanding track record of achievement, accomplishment and team building.
College degree strongly preferred.
CareerBuilder - 19 months ago