ROLE SUMMARY: This role is responsible for directing and managing all USA factories and distribution centers.
- Oversee and direct all activities related to production, maintenance, and logistics at all US factories and distribution centers, including the plant in Pontiac, IL; Melrose Park, IL; and Sumter, SC and the distribution centers in Dallas, TX; San Diego, CA; and Sumter, SC.
- Review financial, safety, productivity, quality, and other performance data continuously to ensure goals are achieved and to determine areas that require improvement.
- Manage personnel related to production, maintenance, and logistics, preparing their work schedules and assigning tasks in order to meet company objectives.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with executive management and other personnel as needed.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire, and train new associates, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Ensure associates operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Direct all equipment changes and major expenses related to Operations
- Maintain daily communications with the corporate office in Barcelona, Spain, to provide management with a daily summary of all operations in the US and provide metrics for performance and updates on all ongoing projects
- Review all plant activities through use of ERP system. Ensure that the designated shipping daily goal is met for all plants and distribution centers.
- Oversee all purchases for plants and DC’s including raw materials, finished goods, spare parts, and maintenance materials. Authorize requests or seek authorization for requests, conferring with management in Barcelona and USA Purchasing department.
- Manage all quality-related issues and non-compliance alerts from plants, working closely with Sales department and customers. Develop guidelines and expectations for each plant to re-calibrate operations
- Oversee all stock levels and provide direction on approved stock levels for all plants and Distribution Centers
- Lead cost savings opportunities and improvement processes for all plants and distribution centers.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations management, or engineering.
- Strong character with proven ability to lead by example
- Knowledge of manufacturing and material flow processes, with related experience in metal/steel/material handling preferred
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and OSHA
- Advanced skills in MS Excel with advanced knowledge of utilizing MRP/ERP systems to obtain information regarding metrics, orders, shipments, costs, etc.
- Excellent and succinct communications skills in English, with Spanish language knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling manufacturing projects.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work in hot and cold plant conditions, spending approximately 50-75% of time on the plant floor.
- Ability to travel and work long hours as needed in furtherance of job responsibilities.