Job Title: General Office Worker (GOW)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
- General Office Workers provide support for the processing of other forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
- GOWs perform all clerical tasks related to preparing for and conducting Naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of Naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants.
- GOWs contact applicants to schedule dates and times of interviews and naturalization ceremonies.
- They file copies of naturalization certificates and notices in the appropriate alien file.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship
- Should have at least one year’s work experience preferably in an administrative or customer service field. The GOW must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time. Must qualify for an EOD security clearance.
- Computer skills required: Computer literate, data entry skills required
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The GOW must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal - 15 months ago