The GOW supports Adjudications functions by providing clerical and administrative support in the processing of N-400 and N-600 (Applications for Naturalization), I-485 (Application to Register as a Permanent Resident or Adjust Status), and I-600 (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition). Supports scheduling of, preparation for, conducting of and close out of citizenship ceremonies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
- Provides support for the processing of forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
- When directed, will contact applicants to schedule dates and times of interviews and naturalization ceremonies.
- Performs all clerical tasks related to preparing for and conducting Naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of Naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants.
- Files copies of naturalization certificates and notices in the appropriate alien file and closes out citizenship ceremonies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Should have at least one year’s work experience preferably in an administrative
or customer service field.
- Must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable
rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must qualify for an internal agency security clearance.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer skills required: Computer literate, data entry skills required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals.
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality
at all times.
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications.
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or supplies. Use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The GOW must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard