Full-Time Position in Private Practice
A full-time opportunity is now available for a General Orthopedic Surgeon (or orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty interest) for a private practice located in the Capital District of New York just minutes from Albany.
Schenectady Regional Orthopedics Associates comprises of 10 orthopedic surgeons (and 4 orthopedic physicians assistants) who have special interests and fellowship training in the following areas:
With three locations located throughout the Capital District, each site is equipped to treat all aspects of adult and pediatric orthopedics. The Schenectady location offers two X-Ray suites, MRI, two spacious cast rooms, 20 exam rooms and a beautiful reception area.
- Total Joint Arthroplasty - hip, knee, shoulder, including minimally invasive surgery
- Foot and Ankle
- Sports Medicine
We are affiliated with Ellis Medicine, who is the sole provider of acute hospital care in Schenectady County. The Ellis Hospital facility features state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, a modern 36-bed Intensive Care Unit and one of the most advanced health information technology systems in Northeastern New York.
- Board Certified/Eligible Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship training or special interest
- Private Practice employment with 10 orthopedic surgeons and four orthopedic physicians assistants
- Six hospital-employed orthopedic surgery physicians assistants.
- On-call is 1 in 8 with community trauma. All partners take equal call. (24-7 on-site hospital coverage by hospital employed PAs/Resident who takes first call which includes ED patients, inpatient and consults.)
- Teaching opportunities are available - orthopedic resident rotation and onsite Family Medicine ACGME sponsored residency program.
About Our Community:
- Competitive base compensation with significant production bonus (up to 40% of base). First and second year guarantees are supplemented by production based bonus.
- Significant signing bonus per eligible full time practitioner
- Malpractice (Occurrence) Insurance
- Medical & Disability Insurance Plans
- Retirement program Profit sharing with 401K after 1 year
- Two year partnership track with minimal buy in requirement
- Medium-sized city with suburban surroundings
- Numerous recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities
- Central location to NYC, Boston and Montreal
- Near Saratoga Springs, Lake George, Vermont skiing, Adirondack State Park
- Affordable housing, excellent schools
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 11 months ago