Manheim’s General Sales Manager is responsible for leading a Field Sales team focused on capturing market share, producing customer transactional and revenue growth through an end-to-end sales strategy, selling all Manheim services to new and existing customers. This person will provide leadership for a team of Field Sales Managers and Field Sales Representatives in clearly defined customer geographic areas. The GSM role reports up to the Regional Vice President of Field Sales. He/she creates and implements sales strategies for business development, closely monitors results, and partners with operating location leaders and staff to ensure that customer expectations are met, customers remain loyal and expectations are exceeded. The ultimate goal for these sales teams is to become a World Class Sales Organization that enables Manheim to be THE used market place.
- Partners with Regional Vice President of Field Sales to to grow transactions for buyer and sellers and dealer revenues
- Follows sales strategies and maximizes their employees performance
- Embraces World Class Sales Organization and strategy as we continue to grow and maximize efficiencies
- Leads execution of sales growth plan (buyers, sellers, ancillary products and services)
- Sets clear goals and expectations for Field Sales Managers and Field Sales Representatives
- Follows and adheres to Open, Honest and Direct philosophies
- Leads sales teams through communication of performance expectations, providing direct support as needed to sales staff through participation in sales calls or related activities, coaching sales staff to enhance their effectiveness, and holding them accountable for results. Regularly monitors performance of their sales teams and acts on irregularities
- Partners with Sales Strategies, Sales Effectiveness and Manheim Consulting for intelligence and tools needed to support development of business and sales teams within the market
- Manages and leads new and experienced outside salespeople
- Recruits, hires, and develops sales team
- Routinely deals with multiple levels within automotive (franchise and independent) dealerships, automobile associations, automotive dealer groups
- Has a relationship and works with top performing customers in identifying opportunities
- Works closely with all sales leads, sharing best practices and encouraging results
- Utilizes CRM tools on a daily basis to monitor sales results
- Trains and encourages utilization of all Manheim products and service. Leverages current resources who are responsible for developing these for our sales teams
- Is a sales liaison for the Market Vice President and General Managers of the operating locations
- Exemplifies the Cox values in all aspects of their work and their work relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience in a leadership role with a proven track record of success; minimum of 5 years proven success in outside sales, service, or operations; Automotive, auction, wholesale internet sales/service a plus; experience in developing new business from prospects as well as existing customer base preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required; ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment; easily able to grasp in-lane and online products and services and how to leverage in a competitive marketplace; understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position the Manheim Value Proposition; ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel; ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment; excellent problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to work effectively and collboratively within a matrixed organization.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Travel required: 70%
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.jobs .
Manheim, INC. - 15 months ago
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...