The General Service associate is responsible for being able to
professionally do non-technical automotive service repairs while
ensuring Goodyear's high customer satisfaction levels are achieved.
The General Service associate performs all tire and wheel related
services while following Goodyear's oil change and vehicle inspection
process as well as following parking lot and bay navigation policies.
In addition, the General Service associate maintains cleaning and
maintenance in the service department, showroom, exterior of building
and tire and parts storage areas. All work must be performed according
to Goodyear's policies and procedures. The General Service Technician
must complete all other duties as assigned.
- Automotive courses in High School or Vocational Tech training is desired.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive company and customer vehicles is required.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with customers, associates and management.
- Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs.
- Ability to use tools associates with tires, wheels, and oil changes including impact gun and sockets, standard/metric wrench and socket set, screwdriver, and oil filter tools.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, grip, handle, lift/ carry up to 60 pounds, and push / pull up to 60 pounds up to 2/3 of the work day. Must also have the ability to lift/carry over 60 pounds and push/pull over 60 pounds up to 1/3 of the work day.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...