TITLE: GENERAL SERVICES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
STATUS: FULL-TIME, SUPERVISORY, EXEMPT
SUPERVISES: GENERAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
Implement and enforce General Services policies and procedures. Major responsibilities include managing the operations of the Mailroom and Copy Center; coordinating with Accounts Payable to oversee purchase order processing; and managing the day-to-day operations of the campus facility rental program. Additional duties include managing the school wide master calendar; purchasing office supplies, materials and furnishings for campus use; managing staff and faculty parking permit system; and overseeing various support services contracts and vendors including but not limited to vending and water delivery services.
1. Manage all mail services, recommending the most efficient and economical methods. Coordinate and monitor bulk mailings and non-profit postage permit accounts. Maintain and track monthly postage expenses. Submit reconciliation amounts to accounting for DHL, UPS, Messenger, Federal Express and all shipping accounts. Submit General Services Monthly Report to Accounting for bulk mail, prepaid/permit accounts and monthly postages for each department.
2. Manage all office equipment lease agreements including but not limited to multifunction copiers, mailing machines, vending equipment and ATMS. Order supplies and request service for all copiers and fax machines. Manage the cash reimbursement for the Vending Machines. Provide training in correct copy machine procedures.
3. Manage the day-to-day aspects of SFAI's Facility Rental Program. Responsibilities include meeting with potential clients; processing contracts; coordinating with Facilities, AV and Security; and supervising SFAI event monitors.
4. Manage school wide master calendar; reserve rooms on campus for meetings or other events. Send memo to Security and email staff & faculty for special events and after hours room schedules.
5. Collect and deposit money received from Library copier, ATM and snack vending machines (delegate to the General Services Assistant).
6. Manage inventory of office supplies including stationery. Coordinate needs with Marketing on stationery ensuring that the organization has an adequate supply. Order all office supplies, printing supplies and business cards. Process all related bills and monthly chargeback reports.
7. Recommend and monitor General Services Department budget; monitor account balances for postage, supplies, etc.
8. Manage copy requisition projects and/or mailing projects for departments (delegate to General Services Assistant as needed).
9. Maintain database of staff and faculty automobile information and issue parking permits to eligible staff and faculty. In cooperation with Facilities department, enforce SFAI's parking policies; update and distribute parking policy, as necessary.
10. Hire, train, supervise and evaluate General Services Assistant and Event Monitors.
11. Perform additional duties as assigned.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Experience with office equipment, purchasing and mail processes
· Bookkeeping and/or office management experience
· Computer experience including Word, Excel, database management
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Experience with bulk mailing equipment and procedures desirable
· Valid CA driver's license; good driving record
san francisco art institute - 17 months ago
About Santa Fe Art Institute: SFAI takes as its mission an exploration of the intersections of contemporary art and society. By bringing...