SUMMARY: The General Supervisors ensure the proper operation of the plant process equipment. They provide leadership and direct supervision to the plant operators. They are to produce budgeted amounts of product in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner in compliance with environmental laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow all established safety procedures for safe operation of equipment and handling of chemicals.
- Oversee all areas of the biodiesel production involved in the safe startup, operation, and shutdown of the plant.
- Follow product run sheets and troubleshoot any issues offering potential solutions and daily reports to management.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision for plant operators to ensure top performance and growth.
- Ensure monitoring and prescribed checks of all operating equipment are carried out as required for proper operation.
- Maintain proper records and logs of activities and operating conditions.
- Report any changes in machine measures and performance.
- Provide leadership in professionalism and ethics.
- Perform lab analysis as needed to verify product specifications are maintained.
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean and free of clutter after each job or task. No job is complete until this has been done!
- Provide leadership and final approval on all Hot Work preparations for maintenance work. Overseeing and ensuring proper clearing of all associated equipment, piping and process areas have been properly cleared, isolated and checked for LEL.
- Write work orders and ensure all maintenance work is done in accordance with established safety rules.
- Cross-train operators in all operating areas and track progress to achieve proficiency in any area assigned.
- Work assigned shift hours including weekends and additional time as needed or requested by management.
QUALITY, SAFETY, HEALTH, & ENVIRONMENTAL (QSH&E) SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Understand, support and help implement/maintain the Quality Management System (QMS), Operating Policy, and BQ- 9000 compliance. Understand, support and help implement QSH&E goals and objectives, and on-going improvement plans and activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE : High school diploma or GED. 10+ years in a chemical or petrochemical environment. 3 to 5 years experience in supervision or related environment with cross training in other areas to achieve additional operating experience and/or two year associate degree in process technology or related science field.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Comprehensive reading, writing, math, and oral communication skills
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical formulas to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters of policies. Ability to define and solve practical problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in handling situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Live 50 lbs occasionally. Must be able to move from place to place to all areas of production. Must be able to climb ladders or platforms. Must be able to wear all safety and production related equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment varies from an office, Plant production and outside climate conditions, based on the situation. Noise level varies upon which area of production employee is working in.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established as needed by operations and at the discretion of management and may be adjusted (increased or decreased) by management as required. Must be able to work flexible schedule as necessary. Rotating shift with weekends will be normal.
Seaboard Foods - 9 months ago
Material Handler I
- 43 minutes ago
Memorial Hospital of Texas County
Memorial Hospital of Texas County
- 28 days ago
- 11 days ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...