Requires completion of high school or GED and two years work experience in one or more of the trades areas in which duties will be performed or in related work that clearly shows a general knowledge of tasks that will be performed and will reflect the skills needed to work in a variety of trades areas. Vocational or technical education in a field comparable to the position’s primary responsibility may substitute for up to one year of the work experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Submit a completed State of North Dakota Application for Employment (SFN 10950) available at http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms/html to, Diane Frelich, North Dakota School for the Deaf, 1401 College Drive N.; Devils Lake, ND 58301-1596, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If claiming Veteran’s Preference or Spouses’ Veteran’s Preference, as described in ND Century Code 37-19.1 please submit proof of eligibility (Form DD-214) with application.
Application materials must be completed and received by the deadline date in order to be considered.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Perform carpentry maintenance, repair, and building work such as installing windows and doors, building partitions, repairing minor structural damage, etc.
- Perform masonry maintenance and repair work to include mixing cement and plaster and performing minor repair and installation work.
- Perform general interior and exterior painting work to include paint mixing and using a variety of application methods.
- Perform machinist work to provide general maintenance, repair, and installation of equipment.
- Perform heating plant boiler operation and general maintenance duties.
- Perform general maintenance and repair of electrical systems; perform installation of minor systems such as lighting units and related wiring.
- Perform plumbing maintenance, repair of the water and sewer systems, and installation and maintenance of associated fixtures such as toilets, sinks, and faucets and controls.
- Perform heating and air conditioning system maintenance, repair, and installation and adjustment of control units.
- Perform grounds maintenance duties including operation of equipment for mowing, lawn fertilization and aeration, snow removal, tree trimming, and general cleanup.
- Participate in the monitoring and maintenance of energy management systems requiring use of various monitoring hardware and software.
- Perform swimming pool maintenance and repairs as requested.
- Participate in the maintenance and use of the electronic lock and video surveillance systems as requested.
an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment.